ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial reqs for fiancée visa. Signed the contract for a new job but not started yet.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Scotty1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Financial reqs for fiancée visa. Signed the contract for a new job but not started yet.

Post by Scotty1234 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:43 pm

I am a British citizen and my fiancée is applying for a partner visa to move here. I moved ahead of her to secure a job in order to meet the financial stability requirements.

I signed the contract for the new job on 11/06/2024, but I am not due to start until 01/07/2024 (which is written in my contract).

We have reached the stage in the image below. It does not let us put 01/07/2024 in the box, since it says that the date must be in the past.

Is there any way of us submitting the application before July? We considered putting 11/06/2024 in the box, and hoping that there was a supplementary box later to explain the discrepancy. If it helps matters, I left a job overseas in March that was also paying over the threshold.

Many thanks,
Scotty1234

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Financial reqs for fiancée visa. Signed the contract for a new job but not started yet.

Post by Korekt » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:08 pm

Are you also using the overseas job to meet the financial requirements or only the UK job?

If the latter, are you aware that you need to have held this job for at least 6 months to be able to use it under category A? This is what the second question in the image you posted is alluding to.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Scotty1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Financial reqs for fiancée visa. Signed the contract for a new job but not started yet.

Post by Scotty1234 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:51 pm

This will be for a Category B application (as defined here).

I suppose the part labelled "Sponsor returning to the UK with the applicant: Category B" could apply (I hadn't seen that before), since that allows for getting a job within 3 months. However, I haven't seen anything on the application where I am supposed to choose a "category". Is this a thing I choose, or is it just inferred by the documents I upload? Should I just put that I don't have a job yet in that case then?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:56 am

Scotty1234 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:51 pm
This will be for a Category B application (as defined here).

I suppose the part labelled "Sponsor returning to the UK with the applicant: Category B" could apply (I hadn't seen that before), since that allows for getting a job within 3 months. However, I haven't seen anything on the application where I am supposed to choose a "category". Is this a thing I choose, or is it just inferred by the documents I upload? Should I just put that I don't have a job yet in that case then?
Bringing someone to the UK has 3 tiers to it for the sponsor. Immigration (settled person), Residency (a place to live) and Financial (savings or salary earnings).
You don't fulfil the financial aspect yet. Your resumption date is futuristic. The system needs to know that you've held the same job for the last 6 months earning a specific amount.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:10 pm

Scotty1234 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:51 pm
I suppose the part labelled "Sponsor returning to the UK with the applicant: Category B" could apply (I hadn't seen that before), since that allows for getting a job within 3 months.
Ideally used when the sponsor doesn't necessarily come to the UK ahead of their spouse to commence the UK job.
However, I haven't seen anything on the application where I am supposed to choose a "category". Is this a thing I choose, or is it just inferred by the documents I upload?
It is. Essentially the period you supply payslips and the corresponding bank statements for, 6 or 12 months.
Should I just put that I don't have a job yet in that case then?
Is there a reason you want to submit the application before July?

One option if you meet the financial requirement under category B, and the other requirements, is to apply on the second day of your job for example, and you won't have that date issue.

It appears you have a few options in meeting the financial requirements. You however can't use all of them.

You need to decide how you're meeting the requirement and proceed accordingly.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."