ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ITR mandatory?????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harneet691

Is ITR mandatory?????

Post by harneet691 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Dear all

I m going to apply soon and m attaching following docs for prev earning
1) Letter frm employer confirming grossn net salary for last 12 months
2) Bank statement showing salary credits
3) Stamped n signed 12 months payslips.

QUERY --- Is it Mandatory for me to attach my ITR as well in this section or any other section of attributes????

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:48 pm

ITR not required if you are showing the stated documentation as evidence.

sunny_hsmp001

Re: Is ITR mandatory?????

Post by sunny_hsmp001 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:28 pm

harneet691 wrote:Dear all

I m going to apply soon and m attaching following docs for prev earning
1) Letter frm employer confirming grossn net salary for last 12 months
2) Bank statement showing salary credits
3) Stamped n signed 12 months payslips.

QUERY --- Is it Mandatory for me to attach my ITR as well in this section or any other section of attributes????
i think doc no 2,3 i.e. the stamped payslips/bank statements are the best proofs,so you should be fine.

Take ITRs with you,if they ask for it give it to them otherwise its cool.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:39 pm

They? who are you talking about here? If you mean VFS then please bear in mind that they have no role in approving or rejecting your VISA application.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:10 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

They? who are you talking about here? If you mean VFS then please bear in mind that they have no role in approving or rejecting your VISA application.
Hi Push_hsmp
The VFS people threaten us like anything regarding ITR and initial accomodation proof. They will say ITR for 3 years is must. just to avoid those threatening talks, we can carry those docs. in my case , i had submitted ITR for last year. BHC will not care for ITR

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:49 am

Earnings Section guidance available says something along these lines (summary)

The documents that need to be provided as proof of earnings are

1) Original IT returns
2)Wage Slips from the employer for the claim period

Where the document 1) is not available (because of tax year not coinciding with the claim period), the applicant may provide the bank statement pertaining to the claim period as evidence.
Thanks
Raghavendran.G

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:17 am

I have submitted the following:

-> 12 months playslips
-> Letter from Employer stating the Gross
-> 12 months bank statement
-> Last 3 years ITRs
-> Salary Revision Letter (only becuase it was revised)

I in fact thought of aubmitting the Offer Letter also, but these documents itself were more than enough. But as per the Tier One guidelines, 1) & 3) will suffice. 2) is better to have for reducing the caseworker's burden to calculate the gross.

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:39 am

jack_p wrote:I have submitted the following:

-> 12 months playslips
-> Letter from Employer stating the Gross
-> 12 months bank statement
-> Last 3 years ITRs
-> Salary Revision Letter (only becuase it was revised)

2) is better to have for reducing the caseworker's burden to calculate the gross.
The caseworker will in any case calculate your gross earnings. So that'll not help in this case, however it may help to identify you that you are working for that company since I'm assuming that its on the letterhead of your company.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:16 am

raghava39@rediffmail.com wrote:Earnings Section guidance available says something along these lines (summary)

The documents that need to be provided as proof of earnings are

1) Original IT returns
2)Wage Slips from the employer for the claim period

Where the document 1) is not available (because of tax year not coinciding with the claim period), the applicant may provide the bank statement pertaining to the claim period as evidence.
Thanks
Raghavendran.G
Not sure where you have picked up this information from but the PBS Guidance note clearly says (and in the following order):
The specified documents are as follows:

i) Payslips: ...........

ii) Personal bank statements ......

iii) Letter from the applicant’s (previous and/ or present) employer(s)......

iv) Official tax document produced by the tax authority or employer............. Please note that because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period they will not necessarily show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they are for the exact period claimed. An applicant should therefore be cautious about using these documents unless he/she is sure they show the exact amount of earnings
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:28 am

sv23367 wrote:
Hi Push_hsmp
The VFS people threaten us like anything regarding ITR and initial accomodation proof. They will say ITR for 3 years is must. just to avoid those threatening talks, we can carry those docs. in my case , i had submitted ITR for last year. BHC will not care for ITR
Its clearly unacceptable. Don't be intimidated by what they say or do. They are almost like a Post Office for BHC. A large proportion of their staff is trainee and if you really press hard they actually call someone senior who understands things. (In my case I wanted to submit an additional piece of evidence which the VFS guy refused to accept. But I stuck to my ground and they had no option but to accept all the paper work after intervention of a senior staff member). Don't be rude with them,just try to reason and support whatever you say with the guidance notes etc.

If you feel like escalating it, BHC's website carries a link for reporting any such service delivery related complaints.
Service standards - complaints and compliments

UK Border Agency Visa Services aim to offer a fair and professional service to all our customers. We welcome feedback which helps us to focus on where we need to improve.

If you have any comments, or are concerned about the standard of service you received, please let us know. We investigate all complaints fully and will send you a reply within 20 working days.

If you wish to complain about the service you received from Visa Services at this High Commission or any of the Deputy High Commissions in India, please address your complaint to the Director of Visa Services, British High Commission, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110 021 , by e-mail to visqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk.

If you wish to complain about the service you received from VFS please send your complaint through the VFS website or to the VFS manager at the Visa Application Centre or to the Director.
regards,
push

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 am

I wanted to submit my application at the VFS in a particular arrangement which I felt would make it easier for the caseworker to assess my case. But the VFS staff jumbled them up in a manner which looked pretty haywire to me saying that thats the way it should be. Do you think thats ok or would it make it difficult for the caseworker to understand the documents that I had provided.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:44 am

sv23367 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Hi Push_hsmp

I would give you many cases where ITR would just jumble up things. There are people who havent completed one complete financial year of working in India but have completed the 1 calender year. Now this makes them perfectly eligible for tier 1 but they never can get the ITR as ITR is got only after april. They will have ITR till april only from the time they joined.

That is if some one comes to India and joins in Dec and applies next Dec, then he will have ITR for only for 4 months that is from the time he joined till April next year. For those cases only, the BHC has made ITR as not mandatory.

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 am

push_hsmp,

can u please advice on this. What is the format that vfs will arrange the document in. Cause I thought of putting the documents in a file after I punch them.

Also, what is accommodation proof that we need to submit. I have not read about it at all on UK or VFS website. And also do we have to do some job search list.

Please advice.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:04 am

UKaspirant2009 wrote:push_hsmp,

can u please advice on this. What is the format that vfs will arrange the document in. Cause I thought of putting the documents in a file after I punch them.

Also, what is accommodation proof that we need to submit. I have not read about it at all on UK or VFS website. And also do we have to do some job search list.

Please advice.
Arrange your document (and prepare your cover letter) in order of these appear/mentioned in the Tier-1 form. VFS staff will insist on reaaranging the dox as per their own checklist (they are concerned about ticking the boxes rather than the convenience/inconvenience to the caseworker). When I applied for HSMP I too faced the same problem. I argued with him that I can show you whatever you are asking for in the document folder and you can check the tick boxes but let me submit the dox as I have arranged them (Initially I pleaded and thereafter escalated it to her boss) and we agreed on my proposal.

Do not worry even if they change the order of the documents as long as all that you submit goes into their VISA Bag. To be on the safer side, use post-its(flaps/tags) for indexing your documents and refer to these in your cover letter e.g. the dgree is attached as appendix "c" etc. - it will help the caseworker in locating appropriate dox even if these are jumbled up.
regards,
push

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:08 am

Great Thanks Push_hsmp,

Can u also comment on what accommodation proof is needed. I have not read about it at all on UK or VFS website.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:49 pm

UKaspirant2009 wrote:Great Thanks Push_hsmp,

Can u also comment on what accommodation proof is needed. I have not read about it at all on UK or VFS website.
None -The Guidelines do not specify that you need to provide any accomodation proof. You might be asked for it by the Immigration officer when you enter UK.
regards,
push