ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal application not accepted by VFS

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kihiq2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Indian passport renewal application not accepted by VFS

Post by kihiq2024 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:45 pm

Hi,

There is an issue regarding my son's passport renewal application, which has not been accepted by VFS. The reason cited for the non-acceptance is that one of the parents (the father) holds a British passport.

Consulate reference: https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/passport-for-minors/
"Where [a person] [Substituted by Act 39 of 1992, Section 3, for " a male person" (w.e.f. 10.12.1987).] ceases to be a citizen of India under sub-section (1), every minor child of that person shall thereupon cease to be a citizen of India:"

Why a child can't get a British passport: As he was born outside the UK, he is currently in FLR and eligible for ILR in 2026 only.

Anyone who has faced the issue? How should I handle this situation?

Thanks

enigma1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Indian passport renewal application not accepted by VFS

Post by enigma1234 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:32 am

Hi,

Have you managed to submit the passport renewal application for your son.

I am in the similar situation and looking for a solution.

Thanks

kihiq2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kihiq2024 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 am

Nope. Consulate has not responded anything so far.
I think this issue has been there from last October and officials are not responding. Eventually my child is going to be stateless

enigma1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enigma1234 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 am

kihiq2024 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 am
I think this issue has been there from last October and officials are not responding. Eventually my child is going to be stateless
Thanks for your prompt reply.
This will be an issue as the children who are caught in this situation will not have a valid travel document so wont be able to travel. Also would be challenging during their ILR submission as a valid travel document is a mandatory document for ILR applications and it will be difficult to prove they are stateless without proper documentation.

kihiq2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kihiq2024 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:07 pm

enigma1234 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 am
kihiq2024 wrote:
This will be an issue as the children who are caught in this situation will not have a valid travel document so wont be able to travel. Also would be challenging during their ILR submission as a valid travel document is a mandatory document for ILR applications and it will be difficult to prove they are stateless without proper documentation.
Yes, the child will not have the travel document, but that will not affect the ILR. We can provide explanation why the child doesn't have the valid passport and submit the expired passports. I have checked this with the immigration lawyers and they have confirmed.

enigma1234
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by enigma1234 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:24 pm

kihiq2024 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:07 pm
enigma1234 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 am
kihiq2024 wrote:
Yes, the child will not have the travel document, but that will not affect the ILR. We can provide explanation why the child doesn't have the valid passport and submit the expired passports. I have checked this with the immigration lawyers and they have confirmed.
Thanks for reassuring!

Sultan76
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sultan76 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:48 pm

Thanks brother for your kind information. Please let us know if you got more information. I am in same situation.we also trying to get information.how can they do this without solution.how kids travel if any emergency.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:41 pm

Hi ,

My kids are not eligible for BC or ILr for another 3+ yrs. The Indian govt website says they are stiped off their Indian citizenship.
The consulate / embassy / Ministry / Indian passport office is not replying to my queries.
How can I get in touch with other people in my situation and find a solution?
Have you been able to renew the passport or found another solution?

thanks
Siva

Rud
United Kingdom

Post by Rud » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:41 pm

I have submitted a grievance through the designated portal, addressing the Indian Prime Minister and reporting an issue with the Indian Consulate in the UK.

https://www.pmindia.gov.in/en/interact-with-honble-pm/

I can now see that the complaint has been processed and forwarded to the High Commission of India in London. I would those affected to raise similar grievances so that a solution can be found soon. It is best to submit these complaints under the 'Indian External Affairs' category to ensure they reach the appropriate department. I have detailed the entire issue, including the recent Delhi High Court verdict and the different Indian passport renewal procedures followed by Indian consulates in Australia, New Zealand, and other countries. The Indian Consulate in London is not prioritizing children's futures and is refusing to process minor Indian passport applications. Once you have submitted your grievance, keep checking the status using the complaint reference number to see if it has reached the Indian Consulate in London.

https://www.pmindia.gov.in/en/interact-with-honble-pm/