ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for 4-year-old with UK passport (URGENT!)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

submon

OCI for 4-year-old with UK passport (URGENT!)

Post by submon » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:55 pm

Hi,

Could anyone help me with this, please?

My son is 4. He was issued a new British passport. Thereafter, I went online and updated the new passport details in late 2023, as per the rules.

I have NOT got a new OCI booklet. But, I have got this message - Your details have been updated in OCI records.

We are flying to India later this month, so wanted to check if everything is in order regarding the OCI or if I have to do anything else.

Thank you in advance.

valsad
India

Re: OCI for 4-year-old with UK passport (URGENT!)

Post by valsad » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:05 pm

Hi,

For updating UK passport details everytime using the free service upto the age of 20 years, you get the same message and the OCI booklet remains the same unless you opt for the paid service to get new OCI book.
So just take the OCI book you have along with new passport and also carry the printout of the online status to be on safe side.

submon

Post by submon » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:21 pm

Thank you very much for your response. Really appreciate it!

Jack&Jill
United Arab Emirates

Post by Jack&Jill » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:48 pm

Hi Valsad,

I'm in the similar situation as like Submon.

My daughter is 7. She was issued a new British passport on 29 May 2024. As like Submon, I went online and updated the new passport details on 6th June, as per the rules.

I've recently checked the OCI-Application Status Details and all I can see is "Your application is yet to be acknowledged by competent authority". Is that ok to fly with the old OCI car, new passport and print out of this status page?

We are flying to India on 1st of August 2024, so wanted to check if everything is in order regarding the OCI or if I have to do anything else.

Thanks in advance.