ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extend Fiance Visa. Help Please.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

williammyg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Extend Fiance Visa. Help Please.

Post by williammyg » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:58 pm

Hello, I woud be very greatful if you could help us with a few questions about extending a Fiance Visa. We have almost run out of time for my Fiance's visa and we will likely need to extend to have enough time to marry. We had long delays owing to beauracracy in the Philipines, so our need to extend is justified and not of our choosing.

Does anyone know of how to go about extending a Fiance visa, such as a link to where to do so? Also links to any advice woud be wondeful as I have not found much.

We currently only need to meet the Minimum income requirements of 18,600 owing to when we applied for the Fiance visa. Will this still be the case if we have to extend the Fiance visa?

Thank you very much in advance for any help that you can offer.

Kind regards,

Wiillam

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Extend Fiance Visa. Help Please.

Post by Korekt » Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:47 am

williammyg wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:58 pm
Hello, I woud be very greatful if you could help us with a few questions about extending a Fiance Visa. We have almost run out of time for my Fiance's visa and we will likely need to extend to have enough time to marry. We had long delays owing to beauracracy in the Philipines, so our need to extend is justified and not of our choosing.

Does anyone know of how to go about extending a Fiance visa, such as a link to where to do so? Also links to any advice woud be wondeful as I have not found much.
You can apply here, subject to E-LTRP.1.11.
E-LTRP.1.11. If the applicant is in the UK with leave as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner and the marriage or civil partnership did not take place during that period of leave, there must be good reason why and evidence that it will take place within the next 6 months.
You will be asked in the online application the reason you're applying for an extension. One of the options will be extending to allow time to get married.
williammyg wrote:We currently only need to meet the Minimum income requirements of 18,600 owing to when we applied for the Fiance visa. Will this still be the case if we have to extend the Fiance visa?
Yes.
If you apply for a family visa as a partner, you and your partner usually need to prove that your combined income is at least £29,000 a year.

This is called a ‘minimum income requirement’.

The financial requirements are different if either:
  • your partner is getting certain disability or carer’s benefits
  • you first applied as a partner before 11 April 2024 and you’re extending that visa - this includes if you first applied as a fiancé, fiancée ...
Emphasis mine.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

williammyg
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Extend Fiance Visa. Help Please.

Post by williammyg » Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:01 am

Many thanks for your very clear response. You have been a huge help. Thank you so much! :)