ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Confirmation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAPIENT
BANNED

Final Confirmation

Post by SAPIENT » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:19 pm

Dear Friends,

This is regarding the final submission of application for Tier1 in Bangalore
(India)

I shall be making a submission of the following docs:

a) covering letter with a copy of resume.

b) VAF9 + PBS Appendix 1 + Points Calculator Print out
c) Passport Original [ AGE ]
d) BE degree certificate ( UK NARIC Recognise my University).
[ DEGREE] + [ ENGLISH LANGUAGE ]
e) Payslip + Bank Statement for 2 employers/bank [ PREVIOUS EARN...]
f) Letter from Bank for Maintenance [ MAINTENANCE]

Question:
In case I have missed anything, please feel free to indicate one.
-- i am not including job search results + accommodation proof :).

Thanks a Million, Sapient

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:00 am

for maintenance fund : hope u r submitting a single bankstatement for the last 12 months which include ur maintenance fund period. Pls use a highlighter for maintenance fund. that will be easy for the ECO. Mention the same in the covering letter also.

VFS people may ask accomodation proof, ITR for atleast 1 year.If u r not submitting them . prepare urself with a proper explanation. Hope u r submitting the documents related to ur current employer.(offer letter) . along with this , carry a photo copy of all the documents. and also take a DD for the Visa Fees. U can avoid waiting in the queue when u hv these two stuffs done. Hope u had pasted ur foto on the application form.

All the Best

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 am

sv23367 wrote:for maintenance fund : hope u r submitting a single bankstatement for the last 12 months which include ur maintenance fund period. Pls use a highlighter for maintenance fund. that will be easy for the ECO. Mention the same in the covering letter also.

VFS people may ask accomodation proof, ITR for atleast 1 year.If u r not submitting them . prepare urself with a proper explanation. Hope u r submitting the documents related to ur current employer.(offer letter) . along with this , carry a photo copy of all the documents. and also take a DD for the Visa Fees. U can avoid waiting in the queue when u hv these two stuffs done. Hope u had pasted ur foto on the application form.

All the Best
I am sorry, is it not three months for maintenance funds as stated in the policy guidance. Why do we need 12 months.

SAPIENT
BANNED

Post by SAPIENT » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:47 am

raghu0307 wrote:I am sorry, is it not three months for maintenance funds as stated in the policy guidance. Why do we need 12 months.
apart from the logical set of docs .. the following are the observed " to-be on safer side" docs [[ VFS will be happy if you submit every single Original doc you have! :) ]]

a) attested copy of passport
b) if you have multiple employers, relieving letter , offer letter
c) proof of accomodation, job search list , your cv, covering letter

as the number of docs increase, probability of making mistake also goes high. please keep it to logical minimum.

in case of maintenance , 3 month statement is enough. it wud be good to show proof of cash inflow

hope , this clarifies.

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:26 am

I have not read abotu submitting accommodation proof. Please clarify what is this and is there a format if we have to get any letter.

And also what is job search list. Cause i thought on Tier 1 u need any job offer.

Please advice

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 am

UKaspirant2009 wrote:I have not read abotu submitting accommodation proof. Please clarify what is this and is there a format if we have to get any letter.

And also what is job search list. Cause i thought on Tier 1 u need any job offer.

Please advice
On tier 1 there is no need for any job offer. This is confirmed by me from many sources.

But the reason you can submit any documentation on jobsearches and response from UK companies or agencies, is, it will certainly boost your chances of being considered as a genuine applicant.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 am

UKaspirant2009 wrote:I have not read abotu submitting accommodation proof. Please clarify what is this and is there a format if we have to get any letter.

Please advice
On tier 1 there is no need for any job offer. This is confirmed by me from many sources.

But the reason you can submit any documentation on jobsearches and response from UK companies or agencies, is, it will certainly boost your chances of being considered as a genuine applicant.

UKaspirant2009

Post by UKaspirant2009 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:21 am

thanx raghu...I had applied for job 2 months back..the only response I got was that I should be permitted to work in UK. But that was just one line emails. How can we show this, as in print out of the email or something?

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:44 am

UKaspirant2009 wrote:thanx raghu...I had applied for job 2 months back..the only response I got was that I should be permitted to work in UK. But that was just one line emails. How can we show this, as in print out of the email or something?
If at all you want to give this, you could do it by taking e-mail printouts which will have the agencies contact details on it. Also it would help if the agent knows , you are submitting this e-mail response from them to the BHC just to avoid any confusions.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:56 am

raghu0307 wrote:

Please advice

No additional evidence or lack thereof can boost or mar your chances of Tier-1 approval. If you meet the points criteria as set in the Guidelines - thats it.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:01 am

push_hsmp wrote:
raghu0307 wrote:

Please advice

No additional evidence or lack thereof can boost or mar your chances of Tier-1 approval. If you meet the points criteria as set in the Guidelines - thats it.

Actually I do agree as this is not stated in any of the books. But there is a lot of aspects that, though not stated in the books , help in moulding a certain outlook of the assessing officer towards the applicant. Submitting such printouts certainly wont harm the application.

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Sorry, but this is not to offend anyone, I have been seeing a lot in this forum that people try to make simple things too complicated.

Please do not do this at least for the sake of other members, just follow the guidance notes and you'll be fine.

raghu0307

Post by raghu0307 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 pm

harakiri wrote:Sorry, but this is not to offend anyone, I have been seeing a lot in this forum that people try to make simple things too complicated.

Please do not do this at least for the sake of other members, just follow the guidance notes and you'll be fine.
I agree, certainly not offended.. but making complicated or not, I still feel theres no harm in giving any e-mail responses that one has got against any jobs.

Sorry , the intention was not to misguide anyone.People are welcome to give the documents as long as they stick to the policy guidance. I repeat any such additional document such as the one above(e-mail response for a job) is not mentioned as needed anywhere in the rule book

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Your evidence should only pertain to the points you are claiming for - and no more.
PM