ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is evisa enough for imigration instead of physical brp

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doddalamadhulatha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

is evisa enough for imigration instead of physical brp

Post by doddalamadhulatha » Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:11 pm

Hi,

I applied a dependent visa for my daughter and it got delayed due to the request of submitting my husband's application. Now My husband submitted the visa and my daughters applications will be held until my husband's visa is processed and I think it will take 6-8 weeks. I am planning to travel to India. Is that ok to return to UK with e-visa instead of brp card as we might receive the BRP card while I am win India.
Please let me know so that I can decide on Indian Travel
Thanks

vinny

Re: is evisa enough for imigration instead of physical brp

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:56 am

Expect problems?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doddalamadhulatha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by doddalamadhulatha » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:09 am

like do we need physical BRP card at Immigration or it is ok as long as we have E-visa. If we travel to India next month I might not receive the Physical BRP yet

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:19 am

vinny wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:56 am
Expect problems?
John3293 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 pm
My life was about to change that day because the airline did not accept my share code plus date of birth to verify my visa status and prompted me to show my BRP, which I never received. They rang their internal team and then reaffirmed that they will not accept my share code as a valid travel visa document and I had to go back home.
Ask the airline that you plan to travel with if they recognise your UK e-visa for boarding and travelling to the UK. If they say yes, then get it in writing, preferably signed by a senior member of airline’s staff on their official letterhead stationary. Then hope for the best.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:44 am

the problem lies in the airline. Some airline staff will check your BRP status and decide if you can be on board.

I recently travelled back to the UK. Despite I do not need any visa to enter the UK (visa-free country list), the airline staff still required me to show BRP and check its expired date ( I got ILR already).

This will be a problem after this year when all BRP expires. Entering the UK at UK border check probably not a problme, but airline is

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:24 pm

The Home Office/UKVI is still advising to use a BRP card as usual, including for travelling, to those who already have one or who were offered to be issued with one.

Airline/carrier staff in the UK - or elsewhere where they are - can say that it's ok to travel back with an eVisa registration only, but the staff at the counter on departure can have a different (and/or contradictory) instruction. There's some cases reported here - and outside this forum - of this happening.

I'm not sure how people who don't have a valid physical BRP - because it expired recently or they renewed their leaves and did/will not get one - are doing to deal with this now, but I personally would not travel outside the UK without a physical BRP card if I have one or were offered one, until this eVisa system is fully live.

The problem is not re-entering the UK at the POE but dealing with airline staff overseas who are not properly aware/trained on this... or just decided to be negligent (as I've witnessed a few times).

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Post by Hampshire » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:20 am

Agreed there may be teething problems when UK evisas goes live. But airline staff are also used to looking at evisas from other countries.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:21 pm

This was earlier talked about and I am afraid for such roll out there will be traveller who will likely fall victims till there is full sensitisation.
To reduce likelihood of being one, carry physical evidence of your UK immigration status I.e. BRP.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:37 pm

It seems that similar problems have been around for quite some time….

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:53 pm

doddalamadhulatha wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:11 pm
Hi,

I applied a dependent visa for my daughter and it got delayed due to the request of submitting my husband's application. Now My husband submitted the visa and my daughters applications will be held until my husband's visa is processed and I think it will take 6-8 weeks. I am planning to travel to India. Is that ok to return to UK with e-visa instead of brp card as we might receive the BRP card while I am win India.
Please let me know so that I can decide on Indian Travel
Thanks
As someone literally went through this, I suggest don't travel without a BRP, unless the airline staff (most of them ignorant) are aware of these changes.

I got my visa renewal approved on 11 Jul 2022 and travelled on 26 Jul 2022. I didn't receive a BRP. When called the UKVI helpline, they said I won't get one as I applied using the UKVI ID Check app. Instead of BRP, I can use the share code generated from the portal and share it with them.

I decided to travel on the 174th day so that I don't break the 180 days continuous residence rule. Sadly, airline staff refused to board me in. Then I got a written email evidence from UKVI Helpline and travelled. I was sent back from Dubai airport. Luckily, my MP was helpful and he got in touch with Home Office and they asked me to apply for a replacement BRP visa. That's how I re-entered. By the time, I broke the continuous residency rule. Made it all a mess.

If you do travel, travel only after getting a decision and a BRP. If your decision has come and not BRP, don't travel. If you did travel, when you reach India, that time itself, apply for a replacement BRP visa. It can take 4 weeks from the date of Biometrics, I believe. That's how one of my friend travelled back as he also wasn't issued a BRP after his visa approval.

I hope no one else has to go through the same situation I had to. It's a nightmare. For one way flight tickets itself, I had paid £3750 for 3 journeys (only one was successful).

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:03 am

Also, OP should be aware of 34K and don't leave before their visa is approved regardless.
34K. Where a decision on an application for permission to stay has not been made and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application will be treated as withdrawn on the date the applicant left the common travel area.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:09 am

Yes. 34K have withdrawn a few applications.

doddalamadhulatha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by doddalamadhulatha » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:20 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I will make sure I will travel with BRP card