ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship application Question

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm

Hi
I got my ILR last year in may, I'm about to make my citizenship application but i just had some confusion while reading the requirements if anyone can help me answer would be great.

1) I know i have to to provide two referee one professional person and other British citizen. In here can i just give two people i work with? I was thinking to give one my manger and my from HR/Accountant.

2) For absences from uk in last 12 month do i need to get a letter from my company or passport enough?
since last time i use company letter for ILR.

3) when i go to the appointment to scan documents and all should i take my old passport as well? i got my new passport last year.

Is there anything else you would advise me to check on?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Citizenship application Question

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:12 pm

Anshulkumare8363 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm
Hi
I got my ILR last year in may, I'm about to make my citizenship application but i just had some confusion while reading the requirements if anyone can help me answer would be great.

1) I know i have to to provide two referee one professional person and other British citizen. In here can i just give two people i work with? I was thinking to give one my manger and my from HR/Accountant. OK as far as one of them is on the list of approved professionals. Note that in some cases this means they have to belong to a chartered body.

2) For absences from uk in last 12 month do i need to get a letter from my company or passport enough?
since last time i use company letter for ILR. Passport is enough. ILR and citizenship are separate processes under different laws and requirements.

3) when i go to the appointment to scan documents and all should i take my old passport as well? i got my new passport last year. No need to take it to bio appointment but you will need to upload all pages as it will prove your presence in the UK during the qualifying period.

Is there anything else you would advise me to check on? Review the guidance https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... t_2023.pdf to ensure you comply with all requirements.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply i looked into it. Everything seems very clear
the only thing I'm confused about is the referees bit.

What do you mean by chartered body and list of approved profession?
I saw the list of approved profession and i saw that nearly all profession are good except
• a minister of religion
• civil servant
• a member of a professional body such as an accountant or a solicitor (but not one
who is representing you with this application)

The people I was thinking to provide is my Managing Director and Operations Manager. I could provide other people who are in IT.
They all are British. so should that be all good?

Thanks for the help!!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed May 08, 2024 2:12 pm

They are senior enough that they would fall under "manager or director of a limited company". However, someone in IT would need to be chartered with eg the Institute of Engineering and Technology in order to be "professionally qualified".
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:40 pm

Thanks so much that cleared up my confusion

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

Re: Citizenship application Question update

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:57 pm

I have filled the application for the citizenship
i found i have to give Tax office reference number which i dont know what is it?
Its not my NI number i think at least? is it my employer's Tax reference number?

If someone can help me that would be great
thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:00 am

It is your "employer's Tax reference number" - should be on your P60.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:46 am

if you are not sure you can ask your HR department and they will provide it.

Anshulkumare8363
Newly Registered
India

5 Year proof

Post by Anshulkumare8363 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:17 pm

Hello,

if anyone can clear this i have an appointment soon but i not sure what to show for 5 year proof of living?
should my passport and all the stamps on my old passport and current passport be good?

since the application say no bill or tax form it though it was just passport.

Thanks for in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 5 Year proof

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:33 pm

Anshulkumare8363 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:17 pm
if anyone can clear this i have an appointment soon but i not sure what to show for 5 year proof of living?
should my passport and all the stamps on my old passport and current passport be good?
That is all that you need. Nothing else.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.