ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP renewal (stamp 1G to stamp 4 change also) for spouse after naturalization of husband

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

IRP renewal (stamp 1G to stamp 4 change also) for spouse after naturalization of husband

Post by lenduha » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:39 pm

I had been recently naturalized and received my certificate (applied for passport, but not received yet). I had been on stamp 4 and my wife is still on stamp 1G.

We would like to renew her permission (IRP) and also switch from stamp 1G to 4, because we think this is the way to go. However, few points not clear to us even after checking the website https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... al-scheme/ on this issue.

We are in Dublin, so:

1) Because it's not a first time application, but a permission change, I wonder if it's required to go to the immigration office or can we use the ISD online renewal website for this?

2) I applied for Irish passport, but not received yet. So, can use my naturalization certificate as a proof?

Besides these questions, anything else I should take care of if you've passed through the same way recently?

Thanks,

meself2
Ireland

Re: IRP renewal (stamp 1G to stamp 4 change also) for spouse after naturalization of husband

Post by meself2 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

I would assume that:
- you can do it online;

- certificate will do the trick.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

fetiyah
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: IRP renewal (stamp 1G to stamp 4 change also) for spouse after naturalization of husband

Post by fetiyah » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:04 pm

Any update on your application? Do they accept the certificate for your wife's change of permission? Thank you.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:24 pm

I did that for my de-facto partner. You simply do a renewal of Stamp 4 online. Just upload her original permission letter if she has one, upload your naturalisation certificate or passport, and put in a one-sentence explanation in the application that you have been naturalised and therefore wants her stamp to be changed from 1G to 4.

Don’t do it until her current permission is about to expire, or at least wait till you two don’t have any travel plans for the next 3 months.