ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working fulltime in UK having entered as a Tier4 student

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sharingiscaring
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Working fulltime in UK having entered as a Tier4 student

Post by sharingiscaring » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:51 pm

Hi,

I entered the UK as Tier4 student in 2008, I worked in two places 20 hours each so I was doing 40 hours per week (Fulltime). I then extended my visa to PSB then Tier2 until ILR, Nothing was higlighted when doing those new applications.

As, I am planning to apply for BC, do I need to inform that I was working full time back then even thought that was more than 10 years ago ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Working fulltime in UK having entered as a Tier4 student

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:34 pm

How long did that go on for? Is it information that, if it had come to light at the time, would have jeopardised your grant of ILR?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

sharingiscaring
Newly Registered
Ecuador

Post by sharingiscaring » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:06 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:34 pm
How long did that go on for? Is it information that, if it had come to light at the time, would have jeopardised your grant of ILR?
That went on for about a year, I realised that that could had been a problem when I received a letter from HMRC for tax underpayments, I was under Tier4 when all of that happened. I paid all the money before applying for my next visa PSW (Post Study Work Permit) in 2013.

I never have any problem when applying for visas and nothing has been mentioned since then, I have ILR since 2018.

Can this be a problem now ?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:33 am

sharingiscaring wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:51 pm
As, I am planning to apply for BC, do I need to inform that I was working full time back then even thought that was more than 10 years ago ?
The BC application doesn't ask for these details, no need to inform. If this was not highlighted/flagged in previous immigration applications - including ILR which in my view is more exhaustive - I would not worry much.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:34 am

To be frankly honest, you knowingly committed immigration fraud and didn't disclose it to keep getting approved for visas. I don't know if this coming to light at the time would have jeopardised your ILR grant. If that is the case, you wouldn't get citizenship (they do cross checks on your immigration history). I doubt that hoping it doesn't come to light would be a winning strategy if that s was recent; as it has been more than 10 years ago, you may be fine, but perhaps other more experienced members than me could weigh in on what you should do at this stage.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.