ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is ILR settled status?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stella2022
Newly Registered
South Africa

Is ILR settled status?

Post by stella2022 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:57 am

This gov page (https://www.gov.uk/check-eligible-free- ... re-working) states at the bottom that you can only apply for this benefit if you have settled or pre-settled status.

Is settled status/pre-settled status the same as having applied for ILR (after 5 years on skilled work visa?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is ILR settled status?

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:01 pm

A person with ilr can apply for benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is ILR settled status?

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:15 am

Settled status is indefinite leave to enter/remain. Pre-settled status is limited leave to remain under the EU settlement scheme. Benefit entitlement depends on (a) your immigration status and (b) eligibility conditions for the specific benefit.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.