ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp1G to Stamp 4 conversion for dependant of Irish Citizen(Naturalised)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sv23367

Stamp1G to Stamp 4 conversion for dependant of Irish Citizen(Naturalised)

Post by sv23367 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:12 am

hi there,
i got my naturalised last dec and received my cert last week. iam thinking to convert my spouse's Stamp1G visa to Stamp4 . My spouse is eligible for this conversion as the spouse of Irish citizen.

Can this change be done online (i live in Dublin) or i have to visit the burgh quay office in person with an appointment?

Can someone clarify?
Thanks

sv23367

Re: Stamp1G to Stamp 4 conversion for dependant of Irish Citizen(Naturalised)

Post by sv23367 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am

any thoughts @meself2?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 pm

I'd say try it online if there's no time pressure - you have your naturalization cert/marriage cert and so on to upload, plus since she got a 1G, id hope ISD is already seeing your relationship is fine.
Most likely that'll do; if not, you'd have to reach out to Dublin office (and you'll get your money for online application back).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:02 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 pm
I'd say try it online if there's no time pressure - you have your naturalization cert/marriage cert and so on to upload, plus since she got a 1G, id hope ISD is already seeing your relationship is fine.
Most likely that'll do; if not, you'd have to reach out to Dublin office (and you'll get your money for online application back).
thank you for the reply.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:16 am

meself2 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 pm
hi my friend,

yesterday i got a reply from DOJ for the same query. they had asked me to refer to the below link
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... al-scheme/

Pasting the specific line item for confirmation
----------
Where you have permission to be in the State
If you do not require a visa to travel to Ireland and you currently hold permission to remain in the State, you and your spouse/civil partner may attend at your local immigration office for permission to remain as the Spouse of an Irish National.
-----------------------------------------------------

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenduha » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:52 pm

sv23367 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:12 am
hi there,
i got my naturalised last dec and received my cert last week. iam thinking to convert my spouse's Stamp1G visa to Stamp4 . My spouse is eligible for this conversion as the spouse of Irish citizen.

Can this change be done online (i live in Dublin) or i have to visit the burgh quay office in person with an appointment?

Can someone clarify?
Thanks
Hi @sv23367,

I and my wife, we are in the same position and looking for a clarification on application process. Have you applied for renewal and make it stamp 4? What documents did you upload (assuming you have done it online?)?

Thanks,

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:28 am

Hi @sv23367,

I and my wife, we are in the same position and looking for a clarification on application process. Have you applied for renewal and make it stamp 4? What documents did you upload (assuming you have done it online?)?

Thanks,
Pls see my previous reply. you cannot do this online. You have to get an appointment at ISD office in Dublin(if you are living around Dublin/Kildare) and change your visa. my appointment is in 2 weeks time. i can confirm after that. but online change is not possible.

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenduha » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:36 am

sv23367 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:28 am
Hi @sv23367,

Thanks,
Pls see my previous reply. you cannot do this online. You have to get an appointment at ISD office in Dublin(if you are living around Dublin/Kildare) and change your visa. my appointment is in 2 weeks time. i can confirm after that. but online change is not possible.
Thanks for quick reply @sv23367. Actually, in another thread here, in a similar case it was done via online system. Confused on how to proceed, because appointments are also for first time registrations. :(

Moreover, the link you've sent mentions an application via post with required documents as explained here, did you do that, applied via post?

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:34 am

hi there,

Stamp1G to STamp4 conversion at ISD office wont incur any fees. iam not sure if it is possible online.

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenduha » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:42 am

sv23367 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:34 am
hi there,

Stamp1G to STamp4 conversion at ISD office wont incur any fees. iam not sure if it is possible online.
Thanks sv23367,

Did you submit an application to get a permission letter as explained here before making the appointment? I wonder if this is required?

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:05 pm

lenduha wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:42 am

Thanks sv23367,

Did you submit an application to get a permission letter as explained here before making the appointment? I wonder if this is required?
You dont need permission letter if you are converting your Stamp1G to STamp4 on the basis of Irish Spouse

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenduha » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 pm

sv23367 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:05 pm
lenduha wrote:

Thanks sv23367,

You dont need permission letter if you are converting your Stamp1G to STamp4 on the basis of Irish Spouse
Thanks sv23367,

lenduha
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by lenduha » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 pm

sv23367 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:05 pm
lenduha wrote:

Thanks sv23367,

Thanks sv23367,

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:04 pm

To Conclude on this thread

1) i am a naturalised Irish Citizen
2) my spouse is on Stamp1G
3) we went to Dublin Registration office after getting appointment to convert my spouse's 1G to Stamp 4 visa
4) Documents requested - Original IRish PAssport, Stamp 1G IRP, Utility/Bank statement to prove that we both live in the same address , Marriage certificate Original
5) In 10 mts, we have been told that Stamp4 Visa will be given for 3 yrs.
6) no visa fees paid for this.

fetiyah
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by fetiyah » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:46 am

sv23367 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:04 pm
To Conclude on this thread

1) i am a naturalised Irish Citizen
2) my spouse is on Stamp1G
3) we went to Dublin Registration office after getting appointment to convert my spouse's 1G to Stamp 4 visa
4) Documents requested - Original IRish PAssport, Stamp 1G IRP, Utility/Bank statement to prove that we both live in the same address , Marriage certificate Original
5) In 10 mts, we have been told that Stamp4 Visa will be given for 3 yrs.
6) no visa fees paid for this.
Hi @sv23367,

Thanks for this. So, no need for permission letter.
How did you got an appointment? I read on some posts that it can be done via online too.

kunduz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kunduz » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:54 am

Hi,

This conversion can be done online (done recently), I think both options (by appointment or online) are possible.

Marriage certificate and a utility bill would be required to submit. For the naturalized partner, I've used naturalization certificate, so both certificate and passport also valid. I've submitted more documents, like employment letter, insurance and etc. so no harm to add more.

fetiyah
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by fetiyah » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:29 am

kunduz wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:54 am
Hi,

This conversion can be done online (done recently), I think both options (by appointment or online) are possible.

Marriage certificate and a utility bill would be required to submit. For the naturalized partner, I've used naturalization certificate, so both certificate and passport also valid. I've submitted more documents, like employment letter, insurance and etc. so no harm to add more.
@kunduz

Thank you for your response! Appreciate it!

You've done the online renewal from 1g to 4?
I just recently got naturalized and waiting for the certificate now.
Husband's IRP is expiring soon so need to renew his IRP before even my passport arrives.

kunduz
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kunduz » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:24 am

fetiyah wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:29 am
kunduz wrote:
Hi,

@kunduz

Husband's IRP is expiring soon so need to renew his IRP before even my passport arrives.
Hi @fetiyah,

Yes, we have done it online. I did not have the passport at the time of the application, so used naturalization certificate. You do not have to pay any fee and it's being processed like any other stamp application (around 6 weeks of processing time currently). New IRP (Stamp 4) is valid for 1 year.

fetiyah
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by fetiyah » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:12 pm

kunduz wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:24 am
fetiyah wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:29 am
kunduz wrote:
Hi,

@kunduz

Hi @fetiyah,

Yes, we have done it online. I did not have the passport at the time of the application, so used naturalization certificate. You do not have to pay any fee and it's being processed like any other stamp application (around 6 weeks of processing time currently). New IRP (Stamp 4) is valid for 1 year.
Yey!!! Thank you so much for your inputs.
I am much relieved now. :)