ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Turkey with 2 months left on BRP

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mshabin17
Newly Registered
India

Travelling to Turkey with 2 months left on BRP

Post by mshabin17 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:30 pm

Hello there, I'm an Indian student and my visa was cut short as my course ended earlier(expiry date was dec 2024 but changed to August 2024). I have booked tickets to Turkey on this Sunday for a 3 days trip but I received an email from home office today saying that the Visa has been cut short and Cannot enter UK if I travel outside the country. Has anyone faced this issue, is there anyway I can enter uk after travelling. Please provide advice on the situation.

Thanks in advance.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Travelling to Turkey with 2 months left on BRP

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:13 pm

You might need to secure another visa e.g. Graduate or Skilled worker before travelling abroad - if you want to come back to the UK after the trip.

According to what you posted here, the HO is clearly saying that your leave was curtailed and you will not be able to re-enter the UK if you travel outside the country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling to Turkey with 2 months left on BRP

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:17 pm

but I received an email from home office today saying that the Visa has been cut short and Cannot enter UK if I travel outside the country.
This is normal. If a visa is curtailed and you leave the UK, it is then cancelled immediately and you cannot return.

If a visa is curtailed, it is to give you a chance to either find another visa route and apply or to tie up your affairs to leave the UK. It is not intended for holidays/trips abroad during the 60 days curtailment period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.