ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Max difference between Skilled worker visa and Dependent visa for ILR eligibility without visa extention

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satya_dev
Newly Registered
India

Max difference between Skilled worker visa and Dependent visa for ILR eligibility without visa extention

Post by satya_dev » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:10 am

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on the timing on filing my skilled dependent visa application.
My wife has a skilled visa (02 April 2024 to 14 April 2029).

I have not yet applied for the dependent visa, but planning to do it now.

For ILR eligibility in 2029, will I have it extend my dependent visa again as I would not have completed 5 years by the time my wife would have received the ILR?

I looked into link indefinite-leave-to-remain/advice-relat ... l#p2110176 but looks like it can cover some days of difference (approx 60-70 days).

In my case I would not complete 5 years (between my wife getting ILR and I applying for ILR) by at least 90-100 days even if I apply for the priority service.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Satya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Max difference between Skilled worker visa and Dependent visa for ILR eligibility without visa extention

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:52 am

You would have to extend your visa, as rhe rules stand now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

satya_dev
Newly Registered
India

Re: Max difference between Skilled worker visa and Dependent visa for ILR eligibility without visa extention

Post by satya_dev » Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:56 am

Thanks for your response.

When you say "as the rules stand now" does it mean the section 3 C mentioned here indefinite-leave-to-remain/advice-relat ... l#p2110176 is not more applicable ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:41 am

It is not about section 3c, which extends your leave while an application is pending if your visa expires. This is completely separate to qualifying for ilr.

I refer to the immigration rules for your visa category specifically. We don't know what the rules will be in 5 years time. The rules change frequently.

If you are short of time for ilr, you have to apply and pay for an extension of your visa. Being substantially short to qualify for ilr doesn't give you any option but to apply for a 3 year extension at that time, if the rules remain the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:51 am

Extend in-time, shortly before leave expires. Don’t choose any priority service. If they don’t decide by the time you are eligible for ILR, then you may vary your extension application to an ILR application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

satya_dev
Newly Registered
India

Post by satya_dev » Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:22 pm

Thanks both for your advice.

Certainly the option of varying the visa extension application, depending on the circumstances can be explored and tried.

Heartful thanks for the advice.
Will continue to explore any other option/advice.