ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on British Citizenship Application Status Inquiries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jandali
Newly Registered

Advice on British Citizenship Application Status Inquiries

Post by Jandali » Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I applied for ILR in June 2022. At the time, I waited for six months without inquiring about the status of my application, as I believed it was best not to send any inquiries before the six-month mark. After six months had passed, I sent multiple inquiries regarding my application status. Following my first inquiry email, I received a request for additional documents. Six months later, I finally received my approval, making the total wait time one year.

Now, as I prepare to apply for British Citizenship, I am uncertain whether I should start sending inquiry emails about my application's status after one month, two months, or if I should wait until six months have passed. I am very concerned about experiencing the same delays I faced with my ILR application.

Could you please advise me on whether it is beneficial to send inquiry emails and, if so, what I should include in these emails? How frequently should I send them?

Thank you for your help.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Advice on British Citizenship Application Status Inquiries

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:17 pm

The stated processing time for naturalisation is six months, it could take 2-3 months or six months or longer.
Note that naturalisation is not an immigration application therefore your experience with ILR is not directly comparable.
Also, UKVI don't provide any progress updates unless they contact you for further information or documents (rare).
Suggest you relax and wait until you get the approval which may be faster than you think, but you are free to contact them to chase after 6 months. Even before then but you will not get any meaningful replies.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.