ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries after switching from Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sp77
Newly Registered
India

Queries after switching from Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa

Post by sp77 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:11 pm

I switched from the Skilled Worker Visa to the Global talent visa in early May 2024 and have received the new BRPs for me and my wife. (added only my wife as a dependent as the child’s UK birth certificate was yet to be received due to wait times) We have a 2-month-old baby born in the UK with a UK birth certificate. We have plans to travel to India in August 2024. I applied for an Indian birth certificate at VFS a few days ago.
Nationality: Indian

Queries:
1. Do I have to inform my employer that I have received the Global Talent Visa and share the new BRP?
2. My passport also requires a re-issue as it will expire in Feb 2025, so is it ok to apply for the baby’s new passport and my passport renewal at the same time?
3. To get my child’s dependent visa, is a UK birth certificate good enough or should I wait for the child’s passport and then apply for the child’s visa?
4. Lastly, do I have to return the old BRP? If yes, where should I return to?

Looking forward to the expert advice and experience if already faced a similar situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries after switching from Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:20 pm

1. Do I have to inform my employer that I have received the Global Talent Visa and share the new BRP?
Yes, it is your responsibility that you inform an employer of your right to work in the UK and provide evidence of your immigration status.
2. My passport also requires a re-issue as it will expire in Feb 2025, so is it ok to apply for the baby’s new passport and my passport renewal at the same time?
Obviously. One is not dependent on the other.
3. To get my child’s dependent visa, is a UK birth certificate good enough or should I wait for the child’s passport and then apply for the child’s visa?
Either.
4. Lastly, do I have to return the old BRP? If yes, where should I return to?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sp77
Newly Registered
India

Post by sp77 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:27 pm

Appreciate your prompt response.

One more thing, I received GTV for Exceptional Talent (3 years) so when I apply for my child's visa, will IHS be applicable for 3 years? If yes, do I have to file an extension after 3 years to pay IHS until ILR is received which is after 5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:32 pm

will IHS be applicable for 3 years?
Yes.
If yes, do I have to file an extension after 3 years to pay IHS until ILR is received which is after 5 years?
The child doesn't need ILR. The child can be registered as British once either parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.