ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone get a replacement BRC whilst waiting on Settled Status decision?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gini852
United Kingdom

Anyone get a replacement BRC whilst waiting on Settled Status decision?

Post by gini852 » Wed May 29, 2024 10:32 pm

I qualified for settled status in mid-November last year so applied to go from pre-settled for settled status in late Nov. Mine is a straightforward case, and they've confirmed they've received the application and it's going through the process, but no decision yet from them (despite it being over half a year of waiting now). Problem: My Biometric Residence Card (BRC) is expiring in a few weeks (mid-June) and I know I should apply for a replacement BRC once it expires. This is so that I can travel in/out of the country without hassle.

The problem is, I'm worried that getting a replacement BRC would jeopardise my current settled status application (since the BRC details I'd submitted are related to my current BRC).

In theory it shouldn't cause issues but... let's just say I've not much confidence in the Home Office based on my interactions with them. So I'm wondering if anyone's been in this position and what you'd done?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

sonrisa
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Anyone get a replacement BRC whilst waiting on Settled Status decision?

Post by sonrisa » Thu May 30, 2024 12:02 pm

Have you try to contact them. And it is unusual for waiting times if it is straightforward. Are u non EU national family member of EU national? Married or unmarried?

Ixeon659
Latvia

Post by Ixeon659 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:46 pm

If it is expired or expires soon - just renew it and that's it. It has no relation to your recent application for settled status (and you should ask them why it takes so long to give you the decision)

applesjag197
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by applesjag197 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:19 pm

I applied to switch to settled status on 14 May and I still have not received my COA....

Meanwhile I have to travel early Aug so I applied for a BRC replacement:
Applied online: 5 Jun
Attended biometric appointment: 6 Jun
Still have not received feedback on my BRC either....

Anyone also waiting on the BRC replacement? Slightly nervous as I'm travelling in 4 weeks....

seekingadvice87

Post by seekingadvice87 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:24 pm

applesjag197 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:19 pm
I applied to switch to settled status on 14 May and I still have not received my COA....

Meanwhile I have to travel early Aug so I applied for a BRC replacement:
Applied online: 5 Jun
Attended biometric appointment: 6 Jun
Still have not received feedback on my BRC either....

Anyone also waiting on the BRC replacement? Slightly nervous as I'm travelling in 4 weeks....
I also applied on behalf of my friend in May too but we did not receive any info after that and they haven't asked for biometrics either. Do you have an idea of the waiting times for settled applications? Thank you