ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Visitor Visa for my mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fatguyslim

Applying for Visitor Visa for my mother

Post by fatguyslim » Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:23 pm

Hey everyone, need your help with a couple of questions regarding my mother's visitor visa application. I made a post regarding this same topic before but given how that post is now locked, I am starting the conversation again. I have just applied for a 5 year visitor visa for my mother who will be visiting my brother in the UK. I am a British Citizen and my brother is on a 5 year Health and care worker visa.

I am currently living in India with family looking after my mother and my grandmother. After my dad's death my grandmother became financially dependent on my mother. She suffers from Cerebral Atrophy and needs round the clock care. The property where we all stay is in my mother's name. I work from home so I don't mind staying here for another 6 months.

My brother was in Australia for 15 years prior to moving to the UK. He spent most of his time there as an undocumented migrant which is why he couldn't travel back to India during this period. It is becuase of this reason my parents only got to meet him a couple of times over the last 16 years.

My mother has now decided to go and stay with him for the next 6 months while I will be staying back to look after my grandmother. My brother wasn't able to grieve properly since our father passed away so spending time with our mother will certainly help with his mental health.

This was just a brief background lol. However I have a couple of questions regarding this application

1. In the application my mother has mentioned that she will be staying with my brother for 6 months, does this mean that she needs to get a Tuberculosis test?

2. I am providing my bank statements and tax documents from India, my brother will provide payslips and his UK bank statements and my mother will provide her bank statments. Will these be enough to satisfy the Home office given that collectively we have nearly 45K GBP in our accounts?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Visitor Visa for my mother

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:47 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:23 pm
Hey everyone, need your help with a couple of questions regarding my mother's visitor visa application. I made a post regarding this same topic before but given how that post is now locked, I am starting the conversation again. I have just applied for a 5 year visitor visa Has she been previously issued a UK visa and how long ago if yes?for my mother who will be visiting my brother in the UK. I am a British Citizen and my brother is on a 5 year Health and care worker visa.

I am currently living in India with family looking after my mother and my grandmother. After my dad's death my grandmother became financially dependent on my mother. She suffers from Cerebral Atrophy and needs round the clock care. The property where we all stay is in my mother's name. I work from home so I don't mind staying here for another 6 months.

My brother was in Australia for 15 years prior to moving to the UK. He spent most of his time there as an undocumented migrant which is why he couldn't travel back to India during this period. It is becuase of this reason my parents only got to meet him a couple of times over the last 16 years.

My mother has now decided to go and stay with him for the next 6 months while I will be staying back to look after my grandmother. My brother wasn't able to grieve properly since our father passed away so spending time with our mother will certainly help with his mental health.

This was just a brief background lol. However I have a couple of questions regarding this application

1. In the application my mother has mentioned that she will be staying with my brother for 6 monthsrecipe for disaster, does this mean that she needs to get a Tuberculosis test No she doesn't?

2. I am providing my bank statements and tax documents from India, my brother will provide payslips and his UK bank statements and my mother will provide her bank statments. Will these be enough to satisfy the Home office given that collectively we have nearly 45K GBP in our accounts? That should be fine. However other factors would be looked at.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:05 am

Also see this thread for why saying that she will be in the UK for six months on a visit visa is a bad idea.

She should aim for staying with your brother one month in the UK, two disjointed months at the most. Presumably your brother can take a holiday and return to India with her to spend more time with her.

You should also be aware that having two sons in the UK (or a British citizen son who is likely to return to the UK and one already living in the UK) seriously weakens your mother's case for a visit visa. She would need to demonstrate a an equally or stronger counterbalance that will pull her back to India after her visit visa is over.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:48 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:47 am
fatguyslim wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:23 pm
Has she been previously issued a UK visa and how long ago if yes?

Her previous visitor visa was granted back in Feb 2022 but she did not travel to the UK because my dad was ill at the time and we couldn't leave him behind. She got that visa for 6 months.

1. In the application my mother has mentioned that she will be staying with my brother for 6 monthsrecipe for disaster.

I understand, I have mentioned 6 months on the application but will make sure to amend that personal statement.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:06 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:05 am
Also see this thread for why saying that she will be in the UK for six months on a visit visa is a bad idea.

She should aim for staying with your brother one month in the UK, two disjointed months at the most. Presumably your brother can take a holiday and return to India with her to spend more time with her.

You should also be aware that having two sons in the UK (or a British citizen son who is likely to return to the UK and one already living in the UK) seriously weakens your mother's case for a visit visa. She would need to demonstrate a an equally or stronger counterbalance that will pull her back to India after her visit visa is over.
I agree with your points and will make sure I reduece the time of travel in my sponsorship letter and her personal statement

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:31 pm

You said the application was already submitted
I have just applied for a 5 year visitor visa for my mother who will be visiting my brother in the UK
I guess with the proposed visit dates to cover six months.

If you submit a letter saying that the time will be shorter, I think it will make the scenario even worse (contradictory information).

I'd withdraw the application - provided biometrics have not yet been given - and submit a fresh one with the appropriate dates.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:34 am

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:31 pm
You said the application was already submitted
I have just applied for a 5 year visitor visa for my mother who will be visiting my brother in the UK
I guess with the proposed visit dates to cover six months.

If you submit a letter saying that the time will be shorter, I think it will make the scenario even worse (contradictory information).

I'd withdraw the application - provided biometrics have not yet been given - and submit a fresh one with the appropriate dates.
Yeah I have done exactly that. I have withdrawn the application and requested the refund. the Biometric date was booked for 28th June so now I am just waiting for them to approve the refund.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:08 am

Be aware that the refund is not immediate, it can take several weeks to get the refund from a withdrawn application back into the account.