ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yasmeen81
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Settled status

Post by yasmeen81 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:31 am

Hi all
I need advice on the settled status . I am an eu national and my husband is non eu. I brought him to Uk from Pakistan in dec 2019 , after 6 month on visa , he got his pre settlement status which is expiring in August 2025.
My question is we are not together now , I have two kids , he has left home since May . I am supporting myself and two kids which are under 4 year old. I am no longer supporting him for his status . What is the ruling of couple separated and marriage is breaking down . Will he get settled status ? As I’m reading article where it says automatically they will get extension of further 3 or 5 years . Can anyone please guide me .

I would really appreciate

Thanks

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Settled status

Post by Br28016 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:18 pm

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/apply- ... -residence

I believe that is the relevant guidance and based on details you provided it sounds like he would have retained rights to apply for settled status. Kids in UK would also give additional rights to stay. Reading guidance key issue I believe is divorce date as opposed to separation date which means system will consider you together until that goes through.