ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is PSW still possible after visa extension with dependants

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Justkme
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

is PSW still possible after visa extension with dependants

Post by Justkme » Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:41 pm

Hi everyone,
I am a dependant and my husband is a masters student in RGU. Our visa expires in December 2024 (we came in last year sept) but my husband has 2 resits due to plagiarism which means he needs to extend his visa till next year so he can finish his capstone.
My question is, since his set is the last to come in with dependants, will it still be possible for us to cross to PSW visa after the visa extension? Or what is the best solution in this kind of situation please?
I hope to get a job with sponsorship, but just in case I am not able to get one, will the PSW visa still be available after expending the study visa please? We are here with our kids

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: is PSW still possible after visa extension with dependants

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:39 pm

Justkme wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:41 pm
My question is, since his set is the last to come in with dependants, will it still be possible for us to cross to PSW visa after the visa extension?
Yes.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Justkme
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: is PSW still possible after visa extension with dependants

Post by Justkme » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:03 pm

Thank you so much