ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVCAS appointment

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:15 pm

Hi,

I've passed the LITUK test and very recently submitted my naturalisation application.

I'm due to attend my UKVCAS biometrics appointment in London later this week.

So far I've got the following supporting documents uploaded, ready for my appointment:

- Scanned all pages of my current EU passport
- Two signed referee declarations
- Letter from my employer detailing my employment history covering the 5 year qualifying period
- HMRC tax history covering the 5 year qualifying period
- P60 forms covering the 5 year qualifying period
- UK university degree
- My ILR Settled Status letter (obtained back in 2019)
- My national EU card
- Banking confirmation / letter that I've been a customer with them since 2012
- Cover letter detailing what support documents I've included in my application

I don't want to bother including payslips for the past 5 years as the P60s should be sufficient, etc. as I don't want to overwhelm them with too much information.

However, for example, my employment letter is dated May, so I might have to include my most recent payslip (June) to prove I still work here.

I have named all supporting documents very clearly, and have organised them in the best way I could.

When I obtained my ILR status, I used my old passport. Having said that, I have since had a new passport and all my details and documents are up to date for my current immigration status i.e my current passport is tied to my status. Do I have to include my former passport's details at all?

Regarding the biometrics appointment, would you advise I bring hard copies of my supporting documents?

I also have these as a back-up on a USB drive, would that be OK, if - worse case scenario - they have issues accessing the supporting documents I've uploaded online?

Many thanks in advance!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: UKVCAS appointment

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:06 pm

Note the UKVCAS appointment is for biometrics only, you just need your passport as ID - they are not UKVI caseworkers and won't be reviewing your documents as such, they will just release them to UKVI. UKVCAS is is third party private compnay.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:28 pm

Hi alterhase58,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, you're correct, but don't they also double check if the uploaded supporting documents are okay, there are no issues, etc.?

They then submit those once my biometrics are taken, or am I wrong in thinking that?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:27 pm

No, they won't check your documents for accuracy, just that they are visible and uploaded correctly (and this service is for a paid fee). UKVCAS staff isn't trained as a caseworker. You are correct in assuming they will submit your documents at the appointment though.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:14 am

Lastly, would you recommend brining all my supporting documents in hard copy or do I just double check and make sure my files are visible/uploaded correctly prior my appointment? I keep seeing people saying they bring copies of their files but that sounds like a bit too much? I do have a back-up USB drive, though.

Thank you all so much! Glad I've discovered this forum!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:24 am

It's an established process but some applicants are nervous about this and bring all their paperwork with them, just in case, it's your choice. UKVCAS are equipped to scan documents, normally for a fee.

I would expect any organisation (private or public) not to accept/attach any IT devices brought in by visitors to their systems - systems security!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:42 am

MuchAdoAboutNothing wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:14 am
Lastly, would you recommend brining all my supporting documents in hard copy or do I just double check and make sure my files are visible/uploaded correctly prior my appointment? I keep seeing people saying they bring copies of their files but that sounds like a bit too much? I do have a back-up USB drive, though.

If you have checked and sure all supporting documents uploaded, then you re fine.
USB not acceptable, however hardcopy can be scanned nd uploaded at appointment should any be found missing.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:43 am

Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:14 am

I was anxious and brought hard copies of everything. It wasn't needed. Keep in mind if you want the muse their scanning or checking services you need to pay for them ahead of time.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:45 am

Thank you all so much!

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

HMRC / Citizenship question

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:24 pm

Hi guys,

My biometrics appointment is coming up tomorrow... and in a typical last-minute fashion, I *just stumbled upon* an old email as I was double checking some documents.

This is going to sound very stupid, and I'm probably way overthinking this, but here we go.

Back in the end 2021 I had to pay £1,253 to HMRC as I had forgotten to pay my PAYE taxes (long story short, I had picked up a freelancing opportunity, between my move from Wales to England/ London, I had a lot going on, and had genuinely forgotten about it. Anyway, I paid those fairly quickly anyway, so that was all fine.

My question is, would this potentially harm my 'good character' checks? To my knowledge, as much as I remember, I was never issues with any fines, etc. I even tried searching for any additional emails about this but couldn't find anything, so all I remember is that I had to pay that amount of money.

My tax account looks good at the moment and can't find a trace of this ever happening either (on their website, that is).

Any tips would be helpful.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: HMRC / Citizenship question

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:32 pm

Please keep your queries in this one thread. Makes moderating much easier.

No issue, nothing to declare.
As you said you didn't receive a fine, and didn't found guilty of tax evasion. It's a fact of life, as long as you comply with your obligations in the end, no issue.

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:38 pm

Hi alterhase58,

Point taken, apologies, long day and I think I panicked, but will keep that in mind.

I absolutely do not recollect receiving a fine, so that's what's reassuring me but think I've panicked as my appointment is tomorrow... just hoping it all goes well in the end.

Thanks for the reassurance, massively appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: HMRC / Citizenship question

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:46 am

Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:24 pm
Hi guys,

My biometrics appointment is coming up tomorrow... and in a typical last-minute fashion, I *just stumbled upon* an old email as I was double checking some documents.

This is going to sound very stupid, and I'm probably way overthinking this, but here we go.

Back in the end 2021 I had to pay £1,253 to HMRC as I had forgotten to pay my PAYE taxes (long story short, I had picked up a freelancing opportunity, between my move from Wales to England/ London, I had a lot going on, and had genuinely forgotten about it. Anyway, I paid those fairly quickly anyway, so that was all fine.

My question is, would this potentially harm my 'good character' checks? To my knowledge, as much as I remember, I was never issues with any fines, etc. I even tried searching for any additional emails about this but couldn't find anything, so all I remember is that I had to pay that amount of money.

My tax account looks good at the moment and can't find a trace of this ever happening either (on their website, that is).

Any tips would be helpful.
Go for your appointment, no panic. Even people who are still paying up debt owed to the taxman or other entities scale through sd they are settling it.

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:16 am

Thank you so, so much.

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Just a quick update to say my appointment went well, rocked up 30 mins earlier and just went straight in, the staff were super friendly and helpful.

The only issue I encountered is that one of my documents didn't upload properly as the lady said she couldn't find it so we had to go through my list of documents I had uploaded to figure out which one was missing. It turned out to be an optional document, which wasn't needed anyway.

Apart from that, everything else was okay.

Hopefully all smooth sailing now, fingers crossed.

Thank you all for your help! :)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:31 pm

Fri Jun 28, 2024 4:20 pm
Just a quick update to say my appointment went well, rocked up 30 mins earlier and just went straight in, the staff were super friendly and helpful.

The only issue I encountered is that one of my documents didn't upload properly as the lady said she couldn't find it so we had to go through my list of documents I had uploaded to figure out which one was missing. It turned out to be an optional document, which wasn't needed anyway.

Apart from that, everything else was okay.

Hopefully all smooth sailing now, fingers crossed.

Thank you all for your help! :)
Hopefully your mind at rest now. Wish you successful outcome soonest.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:33 pm

Wish you all the best - your approval will be with you in a few months.