ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application taking more than 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DrG24
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Citizenship application taking more than 6 months

Post by DrG24 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:50 am

Naturalization Application submitted in 20/10/2023 online (5 year Tier 2+1 yr ILR).

Biometric: 21/11/2023 (Manchester)

14/04/2024: standard email "Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target".

Still have not received anything? What is the advice at this stage?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship application taking more than 6 months

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:00 am

Here's a thread with advice on what steps you could take.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483

This is collected from general experience rather than an official guide for chasing up.
Note that we don't have MPs at the moment so any contact with elected MPs will have to wait until after the general election.
Also note that MPs cannot compel the Home Office to take specific actions, often they get the same email replies as applicants....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

DrG24
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by DrG24 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:07 am

Thank you for the response.

I have followed the steps and sent email to FNE and received the auto reply of 20 days wait. I am thinking of requesting SAR, but what can I do with it if there is no MP at the moment! :?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:09 pm

The MP is a further channel to follow up but won't be able to do much, so don't worry too much (also there should be one in only a few weeks time). A SAR takes up to 6 weeks to get results so I would just apply for a SAR and take it from there once you get the answer.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

DrG24
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by DrG24 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:43 am

Can you assess on how to request the SAR? And what to request in specific?

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:51 am

DrG24 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:43 am
Can you assess on how to request the SAR? And what to request in specific?
you can go to https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/saru fill out the form and submit the application. Based on my experience, I reckon the basic one, it just quicker and more details about the ongoing application, unless you want to check your history thoroughly then you can ask for the detailed one.

Once you submit the request, you will need to email the required documents to them. ( I emailed my driving license, passport and signed & dated consent letter).