ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eVisa for my partner showing dependant instead of settled

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nemesis311
Newly Registered

eVisa for my partner showing dependant instead of settled

Post by Nemesis311 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:22 am

Hi all,

I'd like to ask the following, I recently got approved for ILR for both myself and my wife. We've been asked as well to create a UKVI account in order to get access to our eVisas. We both created our respective accounts and have used the reference number provided in our emails from the HO regarding the approval of ILR (which said we could use). In my case I show as settled in my eVisa status, but my wife somehow shows as dependant instead of settled.

Is this a problem with their system? should I flag this up with them? I'm concerned because even though we are waiting for our BRPs to arrive by mail, I'm not sure if we can travel abroad when we get our BRPs and then my wife eVisa will show "dependant" rather than settled. Especially if the BRP expires towards the end of this year.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: eVisa for my partner showing dependant instead of settled

Post by lolo2 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:16 am

There are a number of issues reported with this new eVisa system. The platform has just started to be rolled out and it's subject to this sort of situations.

Sometimes after we get approved a new leave - including ILR - the status online is not updated immediately so it can take several weeks (or even months) for the system to be updated. I believe the status you see on the eVisa platform is a reflection of this.

There's nothing to worry about it, eventually it'll be updated.

That's not an issue for travelling either, as long as you take your BRP card with you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:58 am

eVisa system is still being rolled out and there are reports of technical issues. These will be rectified in the coming weeks. The system is expected to be fully functional by this summer, so you better have some patience
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nemesis311
Newly Registered

Post by Nemesis311 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Good afternoon all,

Thanks for your contributions to this thread, I thought about sharing some feedback after going through a chat with a HO advisor on the eVisa of my partner showing as "dependant" rather than settled as myself.

Apparently, because we applied together for ILR whilst my partner being a dependant on my Skilled Worker visa. The ILR status under this condition translates that the eVisa of my partner will show as "dependant" with the same rights of settlement as me.

It might be confusing, but apparently that's the correct statement.

Would be great to know for anyone's that's got ILR with their partner being dependant if their eVisa also shows as dependant rather than settled.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:57 pm

That people are not HO advisors, they are part of a third party company and usually provide generic advice. The figure of an ILR dependant does not exist.

This eVisa system is not fully live and still subject to errors, several have reported similar situations. Eventually the status of your partner will be updated, there is nothing to worry about this.

These errors when checking the immigration status online have happened even before this eVisa system was around. I personally waited several weeks for my status to be updated on the UKVI system after switching visas a few years ago, it was resolved itself. Until that happened, I had no problems whatsoever.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:48 am

Nemesis311 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:21 pm
Good afternoon all,

Thanks for your contributions to this thread, I thought about sharing some feedback after going through a chat with a HO advisor on the eVisa of my partner showing as "dependant" rather than settled as myself.

Apparently, because we applied together for ILR whilst my partner being a dependant on my Skilled Worker visa. The ILR status under this condition translates that the eVisa of my partner will show as "dependant" with the same rights of settlement as me.

It might be confusing, but apparently that's the correct statement.

Would be great to know for anyone's that's got ILR with their partner being dependant if their eVisa also shows as dependant rather than settled.
ILR means indefinite leave to remain so your immigration status is 'settled person in the UK'. The eVisa system must show your status as having ILR or settled status. As you have already been advised, the UKVI phone lines are manned by third parties.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice