ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Psw after fee waiver rejection

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

habi307
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Psw after fee waiver rejection

Post by habi307 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:19 am

Hi ,

I’m facing the same issue but our visas was expired in January 2024 . But before the expiry date we contacted an immigration lawyer and filed application for FLR but I think lawyer filed fee waiver application before FLR and that fee waiver application was in process and now got rejected on Monday 24th of June 2024 . Which means now we have 10 days to file graduate visa.

I have only got funds to file PSW visas for my wife and myself which is 2892 per person. But immigration lawyer is asking me to pay £1500 again while I paid same amount at the time of previous application.
I don’t mind paying them but I seriously don’t have a single penny apart from visa application and IHS fee.

So can I myself file Graduate visas for my wife and Graduate dependent visa for myself ?
The point of concern for me is that I have gap after Jan 2024 till today so will there be any problem or issue ?

Please suggest me the best and right way to go ahead .

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Psw after fee waiver rejection

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:21 am

habi307 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:19 am
The point of concern for me is that I have gap after Jan 2024 till today so will there be any problem or issue ?
Wasn't that the whole point of doing the fee waiver application?

If you have concerns or doubts about it, you need to ask your lawyer.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

habi307
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by habi307 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:38 am

Yes you’re right.
Could you please confirm the correct category for Graduate visa applicants’ dependents?

And please guide if I can or I should file the application myself ?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:32 am

What do you mean with "correct category for Graduate visa applicants’ dependents"?

The category/visa route is Graduate visa route.

The vast majority of international students in the UK fill and submit their Graduate applications themselves without any lawyer. The details including eligibility and how to apply are here: https://www.gov.uk/graduate-visa

habi307
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by habi307 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:37 am

Thanks for providing that , I was just asking your advice if there will be any issue or home office will ask about why we didn’t apply for PSW before ?