ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Checking ILR eligibility- compelling reason not to re-enter on time

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John3293
Mood:
India

Re: Great British Insulation Scheme - is it a 'benefit' ?

Post by John3293 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:25 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:48 am
John3293 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:11 pm

Still I'm not sure if I should go ahead with this application or not. Because the evidences I have are follows-
I agree with zimba. After all, the Home Office had created, and further contributed, to your mess.

Go ahead. Be calm, polite and concise in your covering letter.
Thanks a lot Vinny and Zimba. I am now a bit more confident to apply for ILR. The tops for writing the letter looks very helpful. I will try my best to follow them and document the evidences neatly. I've got permission from my old MP that I can share the email communications with the Home Office. Just checking should I make him sign the part 2 of consent form or is it enough I attach the email he sent, giving the consent ?

I think it's better I exclude my only daughter from the application for now. If I get approved, I'll apply for her separately.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:49 am

John3293 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:25 pm
vinny wrote:
John3293 wrote:

Still I'm not sure if I should go ahead with this application or not. Because the evidences I have are follows-
I agree with zimba. After all, the Home Office had created, and further contributed, to your mess.

Thanks a lot Vinny and Zimba. I am now a bit more confident to apply for ILR. The tops for writing the letter looks very helpful. I will try my best to follow them and document the evidences neatly. I've got permission from my old MP that I can share the email communications with the Home Office. Just checking should I make him sign the part 2 of consent form or is it enough I attach the email he sent, giving the consent ? Your MP has got nothing to do with Part 2 of consent form.

I think it's better I exclude my only daughter from the application for now. If I get approved, I'll apply for her separately. If doing this, indicate your plan to HO in your application lest it be delayed while safeguarding check is carried out.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:32 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:49 am
John3293 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:25 pm
vinny wrote:
John3293 wrote:

Thanks a lot Vinny and Zimba. I am now a bit more confident to apply for ILR. The tops for writing the letter looks very helpful. I will try my best to follow them and document the evidences neatly. I've got permission from my old MP that I can share the email communications with the Home Office. Just checking should I make him sign the part 2 of consent form or is it enough I attach the email he sent, giving the consent ? Your MP has got nothing to do with Part 2 of consent form.

I think it's better I exclude my only daughter from the application for now. If I get approved, I'll apply for her separately. If doing this, indicate your plan to HO in your application lest it be delayed while safeguarding check is carried out.
Thanks a lot. Just checking is it necessary to include your dependants while making ILR application in my case? My wife is already having ILR.

Also on the consent from my MP to use the email comms we had, can I just attach the email I received from him that he allowed me sharing the email comms we had with Home Office?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Checking ILR eligibility- compelling reason not to re-enter on time

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:30 am

It is not compulsory, however in the case of your child, read on the suggestion in previous reply.
If you deem it necessary for GDPR, do so but definitely not Part 2.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:50 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:30 am
It is not compulsory, however in the case of your child, read on the suggestion in previous reply.
Thanks AmazonianX for your advise.

Regarding safeguarding issues when I choose to apply after I am granted ILR for my daughter's ILR, Our dependant child's visa expires only on July 11, 2025. She will certainly have the leave to remain until that day. Will that be okay enough for the Home Office to invoke safeguarding in our case?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:55 pm

John3293 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:50 pm
AmazonianX wrote:

Regarding safeguarding issues when I choose to apply after I am granted ILR for my daughter's ILR, Our dependant child's visa expires only on July 11, 2025. She will certainly have the leave to remain until that day. Will that be okay enough for the Home Office to invoke safeguarding in our case?
The contact from HO is to ask what plans you have for the child if not submitting and application for them. So outlining it from beginning before you are asked eliminates the delay that can be occasioned by correspondence time between you and HO on it.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:45 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:55 pm
John3293 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:50 pm
AmazonianX wrote:

The contact from HO is to ask what plans you have for the child if not submitting and application for them. So outlining it from beginning before you are asked eliminates the delay that can be occasioned by correspondence time between you and HO on it.
Ah, okay. I will mention that I will apply ILR for my child soon after my ILR application is approved (hopefully). Thanks your valuable heads up.

On a different note, decision letter for my latest visa renewal had the following -

Study conditions
You are allowed to study. Any study is subject to the condition that you must obtain an ATAS certificate, if you are required to do so under Appendix ATAS of the Immigration Rules. For guidance on whether you need to obtain an ATAS certificate for your intended study, check https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-te ... val-scheme

I had a chance to write an exam and become the member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), which is a professional accounting body as a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. I did make use of this and became a member. It isn't a full time course where I never needed to attend any college.

Just checking if I am okay with it??

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:52 pm

Following the process to be a member of a professional body is not study!

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:38 am

lolo2 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:52 pm
Following the process to be a member of a professional body is not study!
Thank you very much.

John3293
Mood:
India

Post by John3293 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:32 pm

Might be a silly question.

While filling the Set (O) form, there's a question 'How long have you lived in the UK? ' under Time in the UK section.

It will be 4 years 11 months since I arrived in the UK. I'm planning of answering 4 years 11 months there.

I've visited my home country twice. One was for 28 days and the other one (pretty messed up) was for 225 days (excluding the date of arrival, 224 days) . Should I exclude any of these from my 4 years 11 months or can I just give 4 years 11 months there?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:40 pm

Should I exclude any of these from my 4 years 11 months
No!!
can I just give 4 years 11 months there?
Yes!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.