ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Full cost of spouse visa renewal??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse visa renewal - name change

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:09 pm

My husband had no surname in his original passport...e.g. on this passport forename was John Smith and surname was blank. When we applied for original

We got his Indian passport changed and had his name split so now his first name on this passport is John and Last Name is Smith. We updated the brp also so he has a new one

Application asks 'hbave u been known by any other names"...I guess he hasn't as his name is still the same but it's split now, or do I put yes?

Also, there's a question for the visa dates...what is the start date for your current visa... Is this what's on the brp or the visa stamped in the passport?

If it's brp, his original brp before name change said valid from 18/11/21

His current one says date of issue: 07/09/22 valid until August 2024 as he got a new one when he cbangbed his name.

So what do I put 🙈

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa renewal - name change

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:53 pm

Deedeedeemaria wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 12:09 pm
My husband had no surname in his original passport...e.g. on this passport forename was John Smith and surname was blank. When we applied for original

We got his Indian passport changed and had his name split so now his first name on this passport is John and Last Name is Smith. We updated the brp also so he has a new one

Application asks 'hbave u been known by any other names"...I guess he hasn't as his name is still the same but it's split now, or do I put yes? Yes, because it's slightly changed in appearance. Like you said, he previously had no surname, now he does.

Also, there's a question for the visa dates...what is the start date for your current visa... Is this what's on the brp or the visa stamped in the passport? Go with the issue on the passport. That's the one that allows him to enter the UK.

If it's brp, his original brp before name change said valid from 18/11/21

His current one says date of issue: 07/09/22 valid until August 2024 as he got a new one when he cbangbed his name.

So what do I put 🙈
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:49 pm

Thank you!

Also wondered if you can help with this query:

I earn 54k, and my husband earns 25k.

Can I just use my financial situation to apply for his visa or should I put his there too just to show the is working in the UK too? I think I can just use mine right?

He's been working with the company for one year but he just had an interview for a new job that's offering 35k and if he gets it, he'll start it in beginning July and we have to apply for this visa at the ends of July. I don't want that to mess up this application.

Should I use just mine or should I put his employment and payslips etc to show that he works so it looks good on the application.

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:52 pm

Thank you!

Also wondered if you can help with this query:

I earn 54k, and my husband earns 25k.

Can I just use my financial situation to apply for his visa or should I put his there too just to show the is working in the UK too? I think I can just use mine right?

He's been working with the company for one year but he just had an interview for a new job that's offering 35k and if he gets it, he'll start it in beginning July and we have to apply for this visa at the ends of July. I don't want that to mess up this application.

Should I use just mine or should I put his employment and payslips etc to show that he works so it looks good on the application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:17 pm

You only need to use your income if you meet the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:29 pm

Thank you ❤️

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:02 pm

Sorry one last thing (hopefully)

My employer gave me a letter already confirming my salary Dated May 24th, I'm going to aPply on end of July. Is this later enough or do I need a more updated date on the letter?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:05 pm

Deedeedeemaria wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:02 pm
Sorry one last thing (hopefully)

My employer gave me a letter already confirming my salary Dated May 24th, I'm going to aPply on end of July. Is this later enough or do I need a more updated date on the letter?
Your letter cannot be older than 28 days on the date you apply. Get a new dated letter closer to the date you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:11 pm

Ah okay,

Thanks again for the quick reply

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Full cost of spouse visa renewal??

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:03 pm

Can anyone tell me the total cost of the application for spouse visa renewal? Including everything (application, appointment, health subchbarge etc) from beginning to end?

I know the application is like £1050isbh, but what about everything else?

Trying to arrange finance ahead of application for my husband's visa.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Full cost of spouse visa renewal??

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:07 pm

Can you keep all your questions about the same application in ONE topic please, this one. Topics merged.
Can anyone tell me the total cost of the application for spouse visa renewal? Including everything (application, appointment, health subchbarge etc) from beginning to end?
It is all available on the UKVI website!

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Visa fee is £1048
IHS Fee is £2,587.50
Biometric appointment costs vary from free to a couple of hundred.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Full cost of spouse visa renewal??

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:10 pm

Oh didn't realize, clearly didn't read properly 🤦🏽‍♀️ thank you! xx