ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Minimum Salary Requirement for SOC 1132

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Minimum Salary Requirement for SOC 1132

Post by MiaLondon » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:12 pm

Hello dear members, I would highly appreciate if anybody can address a few of my questions. My SOC (1132) was assigned to me on the 30th of March 2023. I work for my employer 30h per week on the yearly salary of £42,230.77. When we were applying back in 2023 as far as I recall the Standard going rate and the lower going rate were way lower than now. According to the guide post 4th of April 2024 the standard going rate for SOC 1132 is £83,000 and the Lower going rate is £55,600 (I do recall that back in march 2023 even the lower going rate based on 2010 codes was lower than £55,600). I am eligible to apply for ILR in July 2024 hence would highly appreciate if anybody can address my below questions. I saw Zimba is great addressing some of the similar queries.

1. How shall I calculate my salary eligibility correctly? I understand that I have to take 55,600/37.5x30. However it is not very clear if I have to take 40hours or 37.5 for the calculation.
2. Since my SOC was granted to me in March 2023, namely way before 4th of April 2024, on what salary threshold they will be basing my eligibility?
3. According to the guide the general threshold is £38,700- is it based on 37.5, 40 hours a week? Are they going to use the figure of 38,700 which is smaller than my current yearly salary based on my 30h a week work commitment.
4. Even if we got the SOC back in 2023 does my employer needs to adjust it with the home office accordingly?
5. I am planning to get the raise going forward,would it be enough for my employer to mention it in the letter that he is going to provide to me without before July 2024 when I need to apply for ILR for them to adjust my salary with the home office?
Many thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Minimum Salary Requirement for SOC 1132

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:24 pm

1. Yes, you should pro-rate the lower going rate of £55,600 which is based on a 37.5-hour working week to a 30-hour week. This means you should be paid at least £44,480 per annum to qualify for ILR

2. The pro-rated current lower going rate, as above

3. The general threshold is the same, regardless of how many hours a week the applicant is sponsored to work. It cannot be pro-rated for part-time work. However, if the applicant is being sponsored to work more than 48 hours a week, only the salary for the first 48 hours a week can be considered. The general threshold for you is £29000, so that is the minimum amount you must be paid in total per annum. Note that between this and the going rate, you should earn at least the higher number between the two, to qualify for ILR

4. No, The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes assigned to each sponsorable role have been simply updated from the 2010 codes to the 2020 codes, so your old SOC and the new 2020 SOC both refer to the same role and since 4 April, the new SOC is used.

5. UKVI does not care about this. You need to be paid the min required amounts when you apply for ILR. It is only going to be an issue if the UKVI thinks such a raise was agreed upon to enable you to secure ILR

All you need to know about salary calculations under the Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:54 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:24 pm
1. Yes, you should pro-rate the lower going rate of £55,600 which is based on a 37.5-hour working week to a 30-hour week. This means you should be paid at least £44,480 per annum to qualify for ILR

2. The pro-rated current lower going rate, as above

3. The general threshold is the same, regardless of how many hours a week the applicant is sponsored to work. It cannot be pro-rated for part-time work. However, if the applicant is being sponsored to work more than 48 hours a week, only the salary for the first 48 hours a week can be considered. The general threshold for you is £29000, so that is the minimum amount you must be paid in total per annum. Note that between this and the going rate, you should earn at least the higher number between the two, to qualify for ILR

4. No, The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes assigned to each sponsorable role have been simply updated from the 2010 codes to the 2020 codes, so your old SOC and the new 2020 SOC both refer to the same role and since 4 April, the new SOC is used.

5. UKVI does not care about this. You need to be paid the min required amounts when you apply for ILR. It is only going to be an issue if the UKVI thinks such a raise was agreed upon to enable you to secure ILR

All you need to know about salary calculations under the Skilled Worker route
Hi Zimba, many thanks for taking your time to address all my queries. Since my employer values my work and to be consistent with the new raised SOCs and we have already discussed it for a while , the employer offered to raise my yearly salary to 60k starting immediately and it will be reflected in June's payslip already. I am planning to apply in July. Can you kindly address if 60k will meet the salary eligibility new requirement and if 1 payslip (most recent one) , bank statement showing it and a strong letter from the employer specifying the value of my work , that they plan to keep me for forseeble future will be enough? I was reading here that 1 payslip is sufficient. Also shall they mention in their letter that they increased the salary to follow the new guide of SOCs codes? Many thanks again.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:03 pm

I already gave you the min required salary to meet. 60K is clearly above the required min salary under your SOC. There is no need to justify a raise at all and there is no need to mention the new SOC. The update from the old SOC to the new SOC is effectively been automatic. You just need the latest payslip and bank statement.

For the employer letter see: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:06 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:03 pm
I already gave you the min required salary to meet. 60K is clearly above the required min salary under your SOC. There is no need to justify a raise at all and there is no need to mention the new SOC. The update from the old SOC to the new SOC is effectively been automatic. You just need the latest payslip and bank statement.

For the employer letter see: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Many thanks! And the last question if 1 payslip and 1 bank statement are sufficient ? It will be obviously in addition to all other documents needed for ILR.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:10 pm

I think I was clear that you just need the latest payslip :?

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:24 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:10 pm
You are absolutely right! My sincere apologies, I misread your answer and now rechecked and you have already def addressed 1 pay slip and hence 1 bank account sufficiency. Many thanks again!

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:31 pm

zimba wrote:
If I may, can I please double-check if the below will suffice:
1. Copies of all my passports, all pages, especially the one where the initial stamp to enter UK was stamped to show my continuous living situation in UK
2. Copy of my BRP
3. The most recent payslip+ 1 bank account statement
4. Detailed letter from my employer stating when I started work with them, my role, my yearly salary and mostly important that they require and expect my services for the foreseeable future.
5. Tenant's agreement
6. Latest utility+ council tax bills - lets say between 1-3
7. Life in the UK reference
8. English test is not required for my US passport
9. Signed consent form

In the past 5 years I had two employers , I understand only one letter from your current one is required. Kindly let me know if i am missing anything in order to make my ILR application a success?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:44 pm

5. Tenant's agreement
Do you have dependents applying with you or are you applying on your own?

If on your own, the above is NOT required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:44 pm
5. Tenant's agreement

I am applying on my own. Understood- tenant agreement+ utility bills are not required. And the rest outlined in the previous post is sufficient or am I missing anything? I am probably overthinking as well. Many thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:41 am

MiaLondon wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:52 pm
CR001 wrote:
5. Tenant's agreement

I am applying on my own. Understood- tenant agreement+ utility bills are not required. And the rest outlined in the previous post is sufficient or am I missing anything? I am probably overthinking as well. Many thanks.
You are overthinking. Sufficient with other documents.

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:52 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:41 am
MiaLondon wrote:
CR001 wrote:
5. Tenant's agreement

many thanks! One last question my employer is asking what address shall be put on the employer's letter of the Home Office? I was reading that none is required but they insist to input one- in the SET O guide are numerous addresses, hence confusing. If they input, will it be correct or the letter can be rejected due to the wrong address?
UK Visas and Immigration
SET(O)
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:55 pm

MiaLondon wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:52 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:41 am
MiaLondon wrote:
CR001 wrote:
5. Tenant's agreement

many thanks! One last question my employer is asking what address shall be put on the employer's letter of the Home Office? I was reading that none is required but they insist to input one- in the SET O guide are numerous addresses, hence confusing. If they input, will it be correct or the letter can be rejected due to the wrong address?
UK Visas and Immigration
SET(O)
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS
You can give them the address you have up there.
It will not be rejected due to wrong address.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:47 pm

MiaLondon wrote:
UK Visas and Immigration
SET(O)
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS
As simple 'to whom is may concern' will suffice. There is no need for an address. Please refrain from inventing requirements that are not there

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:57 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:47 pm
MiaLondon wrote:
UK Visas and Immigration
SET(O)
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS
As simple 'to whom is may concern' will suffice. There is no need for an address. Please refrain from inventing requirements that are not there
It is the OPs employer that is insisting on having an address to put on the letter.

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:51 pm

zimba wrote:
Many thanks both of you for addressing my numerous questions. I started putting it all together and saw somewhere that besides the documents i have listed above , it might also be required to submit from my employer :
- The certificate of sponsorship (COS)
- My work contract

Is it really needed for my ILR case to be successful or just not needed extras?
2. And the last question the travel schedule for all my trips made since first entry to the UK will it be sufficient to put them on the excel and attach to the application or my current employer needs to specify every vacation or business trip in their letter? For now they just input that all my absence was approved by them.
3.Also in the past 5 years I had two employers- for my current employer I work for the past 1.5 years only- since I am submitting for 5 years travel, do I need the letter from my previous employer stating about my absense?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:05 pm

MiaLondon wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:51 pm
and saw somewhere that besides the documents i have listed above , it might also be required to submit from my employer :
- My work contract

Not sure where you saw this but neither a CoS nor a work contract are required.
MiaLondon wrote:
2. And the last question the travel schedule for all my trips made since first entry to the UK will it be sufficient to put them on the excel and attach to the application or my current employer needs to specify every vacation or business trip in their letter? For now they just input that all my absence was approved by them.
The application form has a field to manually input every travel done in the qualifying period, which is supported by the stamped pages on the passport. The employer doesn't need to explain every single trip. Saying in the letter that the absences were approved is enough.
MiaLondon wrote:
3.Also in the past 5 years I had two employers- for my current employer I work for the past 1.5 years only- since I am submitting for 5 years travel, do I need the letter from my previous employer stating about my absense?
You don't need anything from past employers!

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:26 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:05 pm
MiaLondon wrote:
and saw somewhere that besides the documents i have listed above , it might also be required to submit from my employer :
- My work contract

MiaLondon wrote:
The application form has a field to manually input every travel done in the qualifying period, which is supported by the stamped pages on the passport. The employer doesn't need to explain every single trip. Saying in the letter that the absences were approved is enough.
MiaLondon wrote:
I hear you loud and clear- many thanks for clarifying all my above questions!

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:31 pm

lolo2 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:05 pm
MiaLondon wrote:
- My work contract

MiaLondon wrote:
MiaLondon wrote:
One more thing to clarify- I know 1 payslip is enough and 1 bank statement, what about P60? In P60 is listed salary for the past year when I started working for them but they recently increased my salary. I am worried that it might create confusion. In the letter they will specify my new yearly salary going forward as well. Is P60 a preferable must or 1 payslip and bank statement will be sufficient ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:03 pm

Please stick to the requirements under the rules. P60 is not required at all. :!:

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:17 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:03 pm
Please stick to the requirements under the rules. P60 is not required at all. :!:
Thank you, Zimba. This was my original thought as well but then I start reading and talking to various lawyers and they started to overwhelm me with extra documents. It is a very important event and even though I believe less is more , I start being confused if to throw all other documents which are not required to avoid any doubt of being rejected.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:29 pm

MiaLondon wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:17 pm
zimba wrote:
Thank you, Zimba. This was my original thought as well but then I start reading and talking to various lawyers and they started to overwhelm me with extra documents. It is a very important event and even though I believe less is more , I start being confused if to throw all other documents which are not required to avoid any doubt of being rejected.
While you are free to seek advice both professionally, reading and otherwise, do note that too many cooks spoils the broth.
Stick to the one that has not confused you on any question.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:47 pm

MiaLondon wrote:
zimba wrote:
Indeed this is the trick of the bad advisors/lawyers to give the client an impression that the process is overtly complicated to justify their large fees. If it all looks simple they cannot justify it, so they need the client to believe this. Ask them to show you where such a requirement exists under the rules. Your case is not unique and hundreds before you have done this, so stick to the rules and trust the process

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:05 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:47 pm
MiaLondon wrote:
zimba wrote:
Indeed this is the trick of the bad advisors/lawyers to give the client an impression that the process is overtly complicated to justify their large fees. If it all looks simple they cannot justify it, so they need the client to believe this. Ask them to show you where such a requirement exists under the rules. Your case is not unique and hundreds before you have done this, so stick to the rules and trust the process
Zimba+ Amazonian- thank you guys very much for providing extra comfort. I totally agree with you! My case is very plain vanilla to say the least.

MiaLondon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MiaLondon » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:48 pm

zimba wrote:
Hi Zimba, I am still on my ILR clarifications- under life event will it matter/ needed to add my daughter's birth certificate as supporting life event? She was born in UK.