ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application with evisa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jenny345
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application with evisa

Post by jenny345 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:28 pm

Dear there,

I really appreciate all the support and advice received here.

I have another question about replacing the current ILR BRP with an eVisa. I recently received an email inviting me to apply for the eVisa since my ILR Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is expiring at the end of this year. Currently, I am in the process of submitting my naturalization application.

Could you advise me on when I should apply for the eVisa? should I wait until I receive a decision on my naturalization application? Or I can do it while waiting considering that the naturalization process might take longer. But I'm concerned that if I change to the eVisa while waiting for the naturalization decision, the BRP card number I provided with my naturalization application might become invalid.

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation application with evisa

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:33 pm

The BRP card is just proof of your ILR just like the eVisa will be.
Your application will be assessed based on the details you supplied on the application date. So this isn't a problem. Remember many applicants' passports expire during the process which doesn't affect the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:57 pm

It will be OK. Information has to be accurate to the day you submit your application, so you can apply for naturalisation just before applying for the eVisa to make the process a bit more straightforward.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

krisy30
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by krisy30 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:33 pm

I have applied for naturalisation and it's in progress. My eVisa for ILR require renewal end of the year. Do I still proceed to apply for eVisa or wait for my naturalisation to be completed, since its in progress?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:45 pm

Apply for Evisa you are still on ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:12 pm

krisy30 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:33 pm
I have applied for naturalisation and it's in progress. My eVisa for ILR require renewal end of the year. Do I still proceed to apply for eVisa or wait for my naturalisation to be completed, since its in progress?
Have you received an email from the Home Office to get access to an eVisa?

krisy30
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by krisy30 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:37 pm

Yes, I received an email for the eVisa, twice. However, I just received an email approval for the naturalisation. so all good now.

Thank you.