ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents submission for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scianand
Newly Registered
India

ILR application after 4th April 2024

Post by scianand » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:48 am

Hi,

I am close to completing 5 years of continuous residency on a Tier 2 General/Skilled Worker Visa. I will be eligible to apply at the end of June 2024.

I have been gathering the requirements for ILR for quite some time but due to rule changes in April 2024 I am confused. Any help on the following questions would be greatly appreciated:

1. When looking at the salary requirements for ILR it takes me to the Skilled Worker salary requirement page where two rates are mentioned for the SOC, standard (CoS after 4th April 2024) and lower (CoS before 4th April 2024). As I am applying for ILR not Skilled Worker Visa, which rate would apply to me, standard or lower?

2. When I applied for my previous visa, SOC code for my job was 2135 which now has been changed to 2133. Which SOC's salary rate would apply to me? Which SOC should I use in my ILR application?

3. I have taken two unpaid leaves during my current job, do I have to include this information in the letter by my employer?

4. I also had a long absence from the UK when I went outside of the UK on annual leave and I got stuck there due to COVID and then returned to the UK in 110 days. During this time I was working remotely. Do I have to submit any letter to explain my situation to the HO officer?

5. How old the employer letter can be? 3 months? I am asking this as I don't know what's my employer HR's turnaround time.

6. I also see in the requirement that I have to provide the latest payslip and bank statement which should be dated no longer than 28 days before from the date of the application. It does not mention the length of the statement, is it just 1-month bank statement?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application after 4th April 2024

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:42 pm

1. The lower one applies to people who entered the route before 4 April 2024.
See: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-minimum- ... l#p2027869

2. The new SOC value. The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes assigned to each sponsorable role have been simply updated from the 2010 codes to the 2020 codes, so your old SOC and the new 2020 SOC both refer to the same role and since 4 April, the new SOC is used.

3. Read: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route

4. No

5. Up to 28 days before the date of application

6. It is the corresponding statement, whatever it is
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:12 pm

Thanks for the response Zimba.

I did not understand the 6th point. What did you mean by corresponding statement?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:37 pm

scianand wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:12 pm
Thanks for the response Zimba.

I did not understand the 6th point. What did you mean by corresponding statement?
The statement showing the deposit of the money as per the last payslip
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:40 pm

When I did my ILR few months back, I just submitted the latest payslip and bank statement (1 month)
For the employment letter, mention that they approved all the absence leave and you are needed in the foreseeable future + being and will be paid the xxx amount according to xxx

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greentree » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:45 pm

is your employee letter mentioned SOC code?

Thanks.

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm

I have not requested for the letter yet. Will be requesting that closer to June end.

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:39 pm

Hi greentree,

Did you ask your employer to have the absence details and the SoC and foreseeable future thing in the same letter of there were separate ones?

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:55 pm

Hi Zimba,

On my 4th question,

4. I also had a long absence from the UK when I went outside of the UK on annual leave and I got stuck there due to COVID and then returned to the UK in 110 days. During this time I was working remotely. Do I have to submit any letter to explain my situation to the HO officer?

Would it affect my 5 year residence in the UK thus the decision on ILR?

Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 pm

No. The absence limit is 180 days in any 365-day period.

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greentree » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:20 pm

scianand wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:39 pm
Hi greentree,

Did you ask your employer to have the absence details and the SoC and foreseeable future thing in the same letter of there were separate ones?
Hello
I have received two separate letters from HR: an Employer letter and an Absence letter.

In the Employer letter,

For your reference, I am in the same boat.
I've been on a skilled worker visa since June 2019 under SOC code 2139, When I applied for the Tier 2 visa, there was no specified category for IT Security Analyst in the SOC 2010, so my lawyer used the code ‘2139’ . However, I've checked and found that the job title IT Security Analyst now falls under ‘2135’ in the updated SOC 2020

Above the reason, the new SOC code '2135 is stated in the letter.
It would be great if you could check with your HR team

Thanks.

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:57 pm

Hi @Zimba,

Thanks for your assistance on the above questions and sorry for reusing the same thread.

My employer has generated the reference letter for the ILR which includes this:

"""
MY_NAME role has been mapped to SOC code 2133 IT business analysts, architects and systems
designers which best fits their role. MY_NAME salary is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as
stated in the codes of practice for Skilled Worker sponsors.

MY_NAME has been in continuous employment with us since their employment commencement date
and all the leaves taken by MY_NAME during this employment have been approved by EMPLOYER_NAME and their service is required by EMPLOYER_NAME for the foreseeable future.

"""

Is this sufficient?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:53 pm

Yes, it looks good.

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:54 pm

So, @Zimba, just to clarify, I would not need any other letter from my employer as this letter itself mentions that the absences were authorised by my employer?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:08 am

scianand wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:54 pm
So, Zimba, just to clarify, I would not need any other letter from my employer as this letter itself mentions that the absences were authorised by my employer?

Thanks
No I already covered that

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Documents submission for ILR

Post by scianand » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:28 pm

Hi moderators,

I am going to make an application for ILR via Set O on 29th June 2024. I have one question regarding the document submission.

I am hoping to get the biometric appointment on 2nd July 2024 (obviously it would depend on the availability). If I get an appointment on July 2nd, what would be the deadline for submitting all the documents online?

Is it possible to upload some documents online as well as choose the document scanning service and upload the rest of the documents at the UKVCAS centre?

I am asking this as I would like to directly upload all the letters I have i.e. employer reference letter, and cover letter and I would like to get my passport pages and BRP scanned and uploaded at the UKVCAS centre.

Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Documents submission for ILR

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:32 pm

scianand wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:28 pm
Hi moderators,

I am going to make an application for ILR via Set O on 29th June 2024. I have one question regarding the document submission.

I am hoping to get the biometric appointment on 2nd July 2024 (obviously it would depend on the availability). If I get an appointment on July 2nd, what would be the deadline for submitting all the documents online?

Is it possible to upload some documents online as well as choose the document scanning service and upload the rest of the documents at the UKVCAS centre?

I am asking this as I would like to directly upload all the letters I have i.e. employer reference letter, and cover letter and I would like to get my passport pages and BRP scanned and uploaded at the UKVCAS centre.

Thanks in advance.
The submit button reported to disappear 48hrs before biometrics appointment.
With document scanning service this can be done by UKVCAS staff during appointment. However there are cases of document missing or not getting scanned reported by members.

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:42 pm

So what would you recommend? Uploading all the documents by myself including the passport pages and BRP, rather than depending on the members of UKVCAS?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:49 pm

Note that the scanning and uploading documents at the UKVCAS centre is a paid service.

Personally I think that's a waste of money, and time. If you don't have access to a scanner or a good camera, you can go to your local library and tell them you want to scan some documents. This service is usually free or just a few p per page.
Last edited by lolo2 on Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:50 pm

scianand wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:42 pm
So what would you recommend? Uploading all the documents by myself including the passport pages and BRP, rather than depending on the members of UKVCAS?
Any document can be submitted/uploaded until you're done with your Biometrics

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:00 am

scianand wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:42 pm
Do it yourself.

scianand
Newly Registered
India

Post by scianand » Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:28 am

Hi Moderators,

I have submitted my online application and now looking for biometric appointments. I live in South west england and I am travelling to Scotland this weekend.

What I want to ask is that can I submit my biometrics in Scotland? Or must I submit my biometrics in England?

Thanks for your help in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:43 am

It does not matter. You can go to ANY of the UKVCAS centers