ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late EUSS application for an Irish child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

input-output
Armenia

Late EUSS application for an Irish child

Post by input-output » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:41 pm

My foreign-born child has entered the UK on a EU Family Permit in her non-EU passport in September 2018. She subsequently gone through a foreign born registration process and obtained an Irish passport and never bothered to follow through on her EU SS application. Child's mother is an Irish citizen with DCPR (Document Certifying Permanent Residence) and settled status under EUSS (EU Settlement scheme).

Can my child make a late application for a settled status under EUSS?

secret.simon

Re: Late EUSS application for an Irish child

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:57 pm

Why would an Irish citizen child need to apply for EUSS? Irish citizens are considered settled on arrival in the UK anyway.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Late EUSS application for an Irish child

Post by Br28016 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:57 pm

As secret simon has said there is need to apply to the EU setlement scheme.

When your child arrived in 2018 as a non-eu passport holder needed some form of approval to move which in this case was the EU family permit. Childs mother probably applied to the EU settlement scheme to make this easier. Technically should have applied to the settlement scheme at this point.

As an Irish citizen there was was an option to apply to the EU settlement scheme but no requirement to do so . The reason for this is that Irish citizens are covered under the Common Travel Area (CTA) which has different rights and which still apply today.

When your child acquired Irish citizenship she acquired rights under the CTA by virtue of her Irish passport - right to move without visa or permit and settled status on arrival or in this case acquisition of Irish citizenship