ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR to UKVI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Efti
Newly Registered
Rwanda

Documents for an unwell person

Post by Efti » Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a Romanian citizen who is married to a UK citizen. I have settled status and am now applying online for UK citizenship.
At the end of the online application form there is the documents section, where it says:
"If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments, indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3 or 5 year period.'
'Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK'

As an EU citizen, I have no stamps on my passport and unfortunately I am ill with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so have been unable to work since coming to the UK over 5 years ago so I cannot provide employer letters or educational letters.
I can provide comprehensive bank statements and household bills to prove I have lived here the whole 3 years, but they are saying they won't accept these.

Firstly, my name is on the council tax bills, can I use these as evidence or is it just regarded as a 'household bill' ?
Secondly I claimed PIP for two and a half years does the letter from the government department, together with a letter saying that it is about to run out prove I was living in the UK for that 2 and a half years?
Thirdly, can I use NHS hospital appointments. I have many of these but are these any use given that they only prove I was in the UK on the specific day of the appointment. (My GP has refused to give me any letters regarding this)
Fourthly, HMRC is aware of my presence, because my husband claims marriage allowance when doing tax self assessment, but apart from that as I have had no taxable income I don't have any letters from them.
Is there any way to get some evidence from HMRC in this situation.
Finally, I have heard through GDPR I can request from the home office a record of entries and exits to the UK. Would this be accepted by them as proof of my living here?

Many thanks,

Efti

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Documents for an unwell person

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:30 pm

You can use your Council tax bills and Pip letters.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Documents for an unwell person

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:37 pm

Efti wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:05 pm

Finally, I have heard through GDPR I can request from the home office a record of entries and exits to the UK. Would this be accepted by them as proof of my living here?

Many thanks,

Efti
Yes, you can request a SAR with UKVI https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration free of charge and that will be accepted.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Efti
Newly Registered
Rwanda

Date of application for proof of residence purposes

Post by Efti » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:03 am

Hi Everyone,

I need to use my council tax bills for evidence but have discovered that I have to wait three months to have the full 3 years of council tax forms (I am married to a UK citizen) as my bills were only added to the forms then. I have partially completed the online forms (as far as the document section). If I finish off the online form in 3 months time, will it be dated from when I started the form or when I finished the form? If it is dated from when I started the form, I will have 3 years evidence, but not if it is dated from when I finished the form.

Thanks,
Efti

Efti
Newly Registered
Rwanda

SAR to UKVI

Post by Efti » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:17 am

Hi Everyone,

I am going to request a SAR with UKVI https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration to prove residence for the required time.
However they say that it takes up to a month to give me this evidence so if I get if I have this evidence by the time I submit the online application form for UK citizenship it will be dated a month or so before the application date and won't cover the last month.
What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks,

Efti

Efti
Newly Registered
Rwanda

Re: Date of application for proof of residence purposes

Post by Efti » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:29 am

Hi Everyone,

I need to use my council tax bills for evidence but have discovered that I have to wait three months to have the full 3 years of council tax forms (I am married to a UK citizen) as my name was only added to the forms then. I have partially completed the online forms (as far as the document section). If I finish off the online form in 3 months time, will it be dated from when I started the form or when I finished the form? If it is dated from when I started the form, I will not have 3 years evidence, but I will have if it is dated from when I finished the form.

Thanks,
Efti

Sorry I mixed up the typing a little bit. The have corrected a couple of typos that were confusing. Please see the correct query above.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: SAR to UKVI

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:44 am

Efti wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:17 am
Hi Everyone,

I am going to request a SAR with UKVI https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration to prove residence for the required time.
However they say that it takes up to a month to give me this evidence so if I get if I have this evidence by the time I submit the online application form for UK citizenship it will be dated a month or so before the application date and won't cover the last month.
What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks,

Efti

Don't worry about council tax bills - it is unclear if they are accepted evidence or not. It won't be an issue if the SAR doesn't cover the last month, that is to be expected and not a worry.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.