ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eVisa status for my dependant

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myycall
Newly Registered
Korea South

eVisa status for my dependant

Post by myycall » Wed May 01, 2024 10:55 am

Hello Moderators and all people,

Thanks for your support, I and my wife finally got an ILR!

After a week later, Government sent an invitation mail to create eVisa, and I and my wife put only my mail address as a contact point.

So, I assumed that that invitation is for me and my wife, then both created eVisa.

However, I have a queries for my wife's eVisa status.

On her eVisa status, it describes as a dependent rather than settled or settlement.
Is it right to show her status as dependent on her eVisa status even if she got an ILR?

If this topic is not related to this forum, please let me know then I will move to the relevant forum.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Best Regards,
Yunyeong

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: eVisa status for my dependant

Post by zimba » Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 am

There are reports of the eVisa system having such problems. As we are in the early days of the system being rolled out, it is possible the eVisa status will not show the latest status correctly. I think these issues will be rectified over the coming months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nemesis311
Newly Registered

Post by Nemesis311 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Hi myycall

thanks for this thread, just wanted to share that I had exactly the same situation with my partner. By using my email as being the main applicant with my wife, when we both received ILR. Our eVisa status shows "settled" and my wife shows as "dependant"

I did write another post in my thread on this question just to share the feedback that we received after an online chat with a HO advisor.

So, it would be good if other members that might be on a similar situation have been assigned the same wording.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:49 am

Nemesis311 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:31 pm
Hi myycall

thanks for this thread, just wanted to share that I had exactly the same situation with my partner. By using my email as being the main applicant with my wife, when we both received ILR. Our eVisa status shows "settled" and my wife shows as "dependant"

I did write another post in my thread on this question just to share the feedback that we received after an online chat with a HO advisor.

So, it would be good if other members that might be on a similar situation have been assigned the same wording.
Yours must also show settled. This should be rectified later. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice