ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP Renewal after Naturalisation ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

c08lam
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

IRP Renewal after Naturalisation ceremony

Post by c08lam » Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Hello,

My IRP is valid until end of Nov this year and I have attended the naturalisation ceremony in June 2024.

As far as I understand there is no need for me to renew the IRP right? Currently I am waiting for the certificate.

Thank you.

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: IRP Renewal after Naturalisation ceremony

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:15 pm

You are now an Irish citizen, no more IRP renovations for you.

If you need, for whatever reason, to prove your right to be in the State you can contact the Department and ask for an extension on your current IRP until your certificate arrives.

KyukChick
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KyukChick » Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:25 am

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... categories

In the absolutely worst-case scenario that you don't get your Irish passport by expiry of your IRP, you can apply for Stamp 6 endorsement on you current passport, which will indicate to airline staff that you can travel back to Ireland, should you need to go abroad. The Stamp 6 should also suffice for your employer if they need proof that you are legally allowed to live and work in the country.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:40 pm

KyukChick wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:25 am
you can apply for Stamp 6 endorsement on you current passport, which will indicate to airline staff that you can travel back to Ireland, should you need to go abroad
It won't, unfortunately.
It's just a rubber stamp, not a visa, so airlines won't let people back in Ireland based solely on the stamp.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.