ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right Application forms

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kofi75

Right Application forms

Post by kofi75 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:39 pm

Good Afternoon family Please what application form would you use to apply for indefinite leave on a 10 year route as a parent.It is ok to use SET(lr),or there is a specific for parent on a 10 year route.

kofi75

Extensoon

Post by kofi75 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Good Evening family.My friend has finished a 10 year route as a parent of a British citizen child.zShe is not sure as to which form to use to apply for indefinite leave to remain
Please can you advise as to which form to use.
Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Right Application forms

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:42 am

There are two 10-year routes to ILR for such a person. One is the long residence route and the other is the 10-year family route.

For the long residence, form SET(LR) is used: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr
For the 10-year family route, form settlement-adult-relative is used: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... t-relative

I strongly suggest they apply under the 10-year family route.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kofi75

Post by kofi75 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:02 am

Thank you so much for your advice

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:28 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:42 am
There are two 10-year routes to ILR for such a person. One is the long residence route and the other is the 10-year family route.

For the long residence, form SET(LR) is used: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr
For the 10-year family route, form settlement-adult-relative is used: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... t-relative

I strongly suggest they apply under the 10-year family route.

So sorry to jump on the post, but why do you strongly suggest they apply under a family route?
I thought 10 year private life application is easier and more straightforward? Thanks!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:40 pm

Due to recent (badly rushed) changes made to the long residence rules that could render some people ineligible for ILR under that route.

See: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=336067
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:47 pm

zimba wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:40 pm
Due to recent (clearly rushed) changes made to the long residence rules that could render some people ineligible for ILR under that route.

See: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=336067

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!
In my situation I've had a very straightforward 4 extensions without any gaps in between and without refusals/ appeals.

My issue is that I don't qualify for ILR as a spouse, because I've only accrued 2.5 years on that visa.

Does that mean I need to apply for another spouse extension instead of the ILR?

So sorry..
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."