ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Application and Age Factor

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ibrothers
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Visa Application and Age Factor

Post by Ibrothers » Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:22 pm

Dear,

My Son is 15 years and 10 months.
College has offered him Place and they are issuing Cas in few days. He will have General Student Cas letter from college. College advised that he should apply visa when he is short of one month from his 16th Birthday.
course is starting in the beginning of 2nd week of September and he will be 16th on 19 August.
Can he apply visa at the age of 15 years and 11 months? College has taken consent letters from him and us that he will not travel till he is 16th years old but he can apply visa one month the 16th age.

Please guide me if it is possible.
Thanks.
XYZ.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visa Application and Age Factor

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:20 am

Ibrothers wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:22 pm
Dear,

College has offered him Place and they are issuing Cas in few days. He will have General Student Cas letter from college. College advised that he should apply visa when he is short of one month from his 16th Birthday.
course is starting in the beginning of 2nd week of September and he will be 16th on 19 August.
Can he apply visa at the age of 15 years and 11 months? College has taken consent letters from him and us that he will not travel till he is 16th years old but he can apply visa one month the 16th age.

Thanks.
XYZ.
College would have handled a large pool of prospective students in similar situation and one can presume they gor expertise on it.
Probably banking on the fact that applying with 1month in hand, application process and date of decision making favourable on side of your son to clock the minimum age or as near onto as possible.

Ibrothers
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ibrothers » Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:20 am

Thank You. I think 15 days earlier from his 16 Birthday is best option. He will be more near to 16th.

Ibrothers
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ibrothers » Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:02 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:20 am
Ibrothers wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:22 pm
Dear,

Thanks.
XYZ.
College would have handled a large pool of prospective students in similar situation and one can presume they gor expertise on it.
Probably banking on the fact that applying with 1month in hand, application procs and date of decision making favourable on side of your son to clock the minimum age or as near onto as possible.
Another independent College has offered place. They have given two options. One is Child Student CAS and other is general student CAS. My son has obtained 6 Band in IELTS. I do not know which student CAS shall be asked and has chances of Visa.
My son Visa was refused in December 2023 bcz he did not fulfil the requirements of dependent Child (As per CHI 3.2). Does it affect his new Child or general student visa application?