ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling while waiting on child registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aainamina
Newly Registered
India

Traveling while waiting on child registration

Post by aainamina » Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:50 pm

We recently applied for naturalisation and I understand it takes a while to hear back and we are allowed to travel but return before ceremony. Also, until ceremony is attended, we can enter UK on ILR.

However, what happens to child since there is no ceremony required for them.

My question is can they enter with ILR and non uk passport after their registration is approved.

Has anyone done that?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Traveling while waiting on child registration

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:52 pm

Yes, it is fine. Don't overthink it.

If you applied as a family, the child certificate is usually given to you at the parents ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aainamina
Newly Registered
India

Post by aainamina » Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:52 pm
Yes, it is fine. Don't overthink it.

If you applied as a family, the child certificate is usually given to you at the parents ceremony.

Thanks but isn't ILR invalid as when you are registered?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:58 pm

The airline won't know and you potentially might not know either if there is a certificate.

Simply enter the UK as normal, there is no issue here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:23 am

aainamina wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:50 pm
We recently applied for naturalisation and I understand it takes a while to hear back and we are allowed to travel but return before ceremony. Also, until ceremony is attended, we can enter UK on ILR.

However, what happens to child since there is no ceremony required for them.

My question is can they enter with ILR and non uk passport after their registration is approved.

Has anyone done that?

Thanks!
Yes, they can enter the UK. This is a known thing for children. You are not expected to stay put until you get child's certificate.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

aainamina
Newly Registered
India

Post by aainamina » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:31 pm

Thanks. Appreciate it.

However the email response on this thread speaks otherwise.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=348606

Also, I called the home office naturalisation helpline and got 3 different responses on each instance. One of them was the same as mentioned in the thread above that she will be immediately registered as British and ILRs are no longer valid. On other 2 times, they said there is no official guidelines on this.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:40 pm

It is well-known that the UKVI "Helpline" is not a reliable source of advice. They are not UKVI caseworkers - but employees of an outsourcing company which runs some UKVI call centres.

Ideally everyone gets a passport together with the approval of citizenship and systems get updated in real time. But we should remember there's no central register of UK citizens, whichever way they obtain citizenship. However, all UK citizens have full right of abode in the UK, they cannot be turned away, even without a passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

aainamina
Newly Registered
India

Post by aainamina » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:45 pm

Thanks. That's at least helpful