ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help,my application was lost

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

makon

Mail from Home Office on lost docs

Post by makon » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:17 am

I have finally been told that there is nothing they can do about my lost package. Mine was a request for review and I sent it with my originals. I have been advised to contact Customer Relations regarding compensation. I have started the process of contact vendors (Microsoft, HP, ITIL, etc) whose Professional Exams I wrote to forward replacement certificates

..Dear Sir

After confirming a 3rd time with our post team at Foundry House that your
package was received, there is now very little I can do.

Once your package was recorded at Foundry, it should have been packed with the rest of our post and sent to us.

This can not be the case.

As soon as we receive any post, a note is put on the applicants file to
state this.

Fresh paid applications come from a different building and are not mixed up with our post.

We do not just depend on each piece of post having a reference number, we cross reference D.O.B, First & surnames.

If we can not locate you on our system, the package will be put in a
separate place which is regularly checked.

I checked this also last week and I can confirm your package was not there.

I have searched in every location I can think, with help from colleagues and management.

This leads me to conclude that your package has gone missing from leaving Foundry House to arriving here.

After speaking with my Manager again, she has advised that the next line of action is for you to contact your cousin to ensure the documents have not been returned to him in the UK. He would have had to use his return address for a package sent Special Delivery.

Failing this, you must now contact our Customer Relations team Tel: 0114 2594074 regarding your claim.

There is nothing more I can do in this situation.

Please accept my sincere apologise.

With Regards

HSMP Team
Work Permits (UK)
Home Office
PO Box 3468
SHEFFIELD
S3 8NH

Tel: 0114 259 1984
Fax: 0114 259 3827

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:54 am

makon,

check your PM

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:48 pm

I have received following letter from HSMP, it confused me.
I believe the second application is always not free till I read the letter below, anyone can help me to analysis:

To clarify
As your second application was a duplication it was unnecessary for anotherpayment to be taken. For this reason therefore the Payment Processing Centre would forward your documents on to the HSMP team to casework. Doncaster do not hold on to anyone's applications, and, as in your case, there is not reason.

Hope this helps

Regards

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:47 am

Dear sailing,

this si really very strange. What are they doing? when u have made a new application, and filled up the page for payment, they must charge your application, but here, as they have lost it, Doncaster team, doesn't want to take that blaim on them, so they are just trying to escape by saying this.

You need to trace it step by step and must not give up the fight, they msut realise that to eb careless in dealing with and handling someone's file, which is a life for him, is not so easy and forgivable.

Wish you all the best and i am sure that you are going to get your file found by them very soon.... Cheer up dear....

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:42 pm

2002sailing wrote:I have received following letter from HSMP, it confused me.
I believe the second application is always not free till I read the letter below, anyone can help me to analysis:

To clarify
As your second application was a duplication it was unnecessary for anotherpayment to be taken. For this reason therefore the Payment Processing Centre would forward your documents on to the HSMP team to casework. Doncaster do not hold on to anyone's applications, and, as in your case, there is not reason.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sailing2002,

At least you know that your pkg left Doncaster office and now you need to contact HO itself, showing them the reply from Doncaster. I think you should request details from Doncaster when they moved your pkg to HO (date, internal number). Then to turn to HO and give them this information to continue investigation..

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:24 am

bad news, Doncaster insisted they has passed my application to HSMP,but failed to provide the date and internal No. of my application. Under this circumstance, they push me to HSMP team, I can imagine the result, HSMP will deny they received my application again, because there was no evidence that Doncaster post my application to them. so I was pushed between Doncaster and HSMP again and again, I was tired, so tired, dhavaluk' opinion was correct: Doncaster team, doesn't want to take that blaim on them, so they are just trying to escape by saying this, and just want to push me to HSMP team, situation get worse and worse.
what I can do?

Korben Dallas

Post by Korben Dallas » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:37 am

2002sailing wrote:what I can do?
Listen, don't give up. This is usual matter when somebody doesn't want to take reponsibility for other, but you should remember that you need to found your case. I would now arrange a fax explanation of your ENTIRE situation: that you shipped your application on the date XX/XX/2005, it arrived to Doncaster on XX/XX/2005. You then spoke to Doncaster and they claim to move your application to Sheffield on date XX/XX/2005. I would make a mass faxing everyday several times a day to MAKE them move and look for it. But be careful with the dates! For sure they have records in the system - and if you are not exact about dates they will use it as a reason to decline your requests. Hey, I've done the same with my case when it 'suddenly' disappeared in between Sheffield and Doncaster. Don't accept their silly answers - you need to follow your own way to get the case found.. In short, make the next step: arrange a letter and start faxing it to HO in the morning 3 times, in the afternoon - 3 and same in the evening. They will answer very soon, you'll see.

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:30 pm

I receive final result from HO, they said lots of words,but nothing has been said indeed.

"Thank you for your email
Despite a thorough search by the HSMP Team they have been unable to locate
your 2nd application. As no payment was taken by the Payment Processing
Centre your application would have either been returned back to yourself,
which there is no record of there being a reason for, or as is more likely,
sent on to the HSMP Team via Internal mail.
Unfortunately your next course of action will be to write in to our Customer
Relations Team advising them of the situation and seeking recompense ."

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:19 pm

received second letter from Doncaster:

As per our previous email we can only re-iterate that the application has
not been lost or is still held at the Doncaster Payment Processing Centre as
they do not retain any applications-they simply process a payment were
necessary and send it on for caseworking. They have neither the facility nor
is it part of their contract with the Home Office to hold on to any
applications. The Charging Team is simply a go-between for Business Teams
and the Doncaster Payment Processing Centre-we are not in the same
location-and our department has been set up to help with any payment
problems. Applications are sent on to HSMP for caseworking from Doncaster,
the Charging Team does not receive any cases.
We cannot comment on the system used by Doncaster when internal mail is sent
on to the HSMP team, it would be the responsibility of HSMP to set up their
own way to of recording this.
As we have already mentioned, Doncaster feel there was no reason to send the
application back so they do not have a registered parcel number to provide.

We have now unfortunately covered every possible avenue to locate your 2nd
application without any success and we can only again apologise and advise
you to send all your facts, in writing in, to the Customer Relations Team as
a compensation claim.

Yours sincerely

2002sailing
Newly Registered

Post by 2002sailing » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:10 pm

Third letter from Doncaster:

Dear Sir

As per our previous e-mails, we have now exhausted all searches of all
locations to no avail.

Please contact our Customer Relation Team at the following address:

Customer Relations Team
WPUK
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Regards

maverick_76

Post by maverick_76 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:39 pm

This is totally unacceptable but as Korben Dallas said - you dont have to give up. Create the complete workflow from the point it left from you and reached Doncaster, with proofs and try and work with HSMP team to locate your documents. You will have to tell them to work proactively to figure this out. I understand its easier said than done but Please Dont Give Up.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:10 pm

How much would it cost to replace all documents? It sounds like they're willing to reimburse you for all that was lost. Maybe that's the way to go and then reapply. Make sure they refund you your application fee.
2002sailing wrote:Third letter from Doncaster:

Dear Sir

As per our previous e-mails, we have now exhausted all searches of all
locations to no avail.

Please contact our Customer Relation Team at the following address:

Customer Relations Team
WPUK
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Regards