ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP ILR card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Henry83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

BRP ILR card

Post by Henry83 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:01 pm

Hi guys, I applied BRP - ILR card renewal on 13th of April. It’s been 10 weeks but still no news. I need to travel abroad in August. Has anybody waiting for this too? I would appreciate if you could write how long your BRP renewal take. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP ILR card

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:44 pm

It can take up to 6 months.

Brps are being phasedd out and if you get one, it will expire in December this year anyway.

https://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic ... 3&t=342183
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Henry83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Henry83 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:41 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, I’am aware of that. I have e-visa but I don’t think airline will accept for boarding . Hopefully it won’t take 6 months.

chuey603
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by chuey603 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:40 am

If you've recently applied for a replacement BRP (ILR), can you please share how long it took? I have to travel mid September but only just applied for my replacement so I think I won't get it in time :(

As I hold a Canadian passport, I think I can still travel back into the UK though as we don't require visas (and I also have the eVisa associated with my passport). I'm just worried the airline will ask for visa or proof of return ticket when I board. When I traveled back in May, the border officer just told me to "go online and link my BRP" -- and let me in even though my BRP was expired. I don't like this lack of clarity :(

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:25 am

I guess your Canadian passport helped you to board the flight back to the UK, and airline staff didn't care much about the expired BRP. A visa national travelling with an expired BRP might face a different and potentially unpleasant situation.

UKVI is recommending to still use the physical BRP card until the end of this year.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/online-immi ... s-an-evisa

I would like to think that the Home Office already started informing every airline or carrier operating in the UK about this, but they cannot control when these companies will inform/train their employees abroad.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:41 pm

chuey603 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:40 am
If you've recently applied for a replacement BRP (ILR), can you please share how long it took? I have to travel mid September but only just applied for my replacement so I think I won't get it in time :(

As I hold a Canadian passport, I think I can still travel back into the UK though as we don't require visas (and I also have the eVisa associated with my passport). I'm just worried the airline will ask for visa or proof of return ticket when I board. When I traveled back in May, the border officer just told me to "go online and link my BRP" -- and let me in even though my BRP was expired. I don't like this lack of clarity :(
They won't. Non-visa nationals will face no issues boarding a flight to the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Henry83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Henry83 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:00 pm

Hi All, I have applied for BRP back in April. It is going to be 11 weeks this Friday and still no news. I have contacted the airline that I am planning to travel. I am sorry to say but they have no idea about e-visas and haven’t got any update from Home Office. I have been told that I need to valid BRP card.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:40 pm

Henry83 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:00 pm
Hi All, I have applied for BRP back in April. It is going to be 11 weeks this Friday and still no news. I have contacted the airline that I am planning to travel. I am sorry to say but they have no idea about e-visas and haven’t got any update from Home Office. I have been told that I need to valid BRP card.
This only applies if you are a visa national :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Henry83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Henry83 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:15 pm

That’s right Zimba 👍

Henry83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Henry83 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:32 pm

Hi everyone, I just received an email from UKVI ( I am surprised they work on Sunday) They’ll be sending my brp card between 7 to 10 days. Exactly 11 weeks took. Hope everyone gets theirs before their trip.

chuey603
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by chuey603 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:27 am

Thanks Henry83.

After you submitted your Biometrics and the 3rd party agency submitted your docs/biometrics for you, did you receive a confirmation from UKVI that they have received your application?

I only have an email saying my online application was submitted from before I booked my biometrics appointment, and then one from Sopras saying they submitted my docs. Nothing since then from UKVI though.

Thanks

Henry83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Henry83 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:04 pm

Hi chuey603

I haven’t receive any email from UKVI until yesterday. Same as you, I only received from 3rd party emails after application and Biometrics.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:18 pm

chuey603 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:27 am
Thanks Henry83.

After you submitted your Biometrics and the 3rd party agency submitted your docs/biometrics for you, did you receive a confirmation from UKVI that they have received your application?

I only have an email saying my online application was submitted from before I booked my biometrics appointment, and then one from Sopras saying they submitted my docs. Nothing since then from UKVI though.

Thanks
UKVI does not send such confirmation. Attending UKVCAs appointment means your application and docs has been submitted to UKVI for processing