ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visit visa for my mom refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zeee2
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

UK visit visa for my mom refused

Post by Zeee2 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:28 pm

:| Guys, please I need your help to understand this verdict. I chose self employed to describe my mom occupation as my mom has been selling clothing materials for 25 years. However, someone said that’s petty trading.
ECO said they’re not satisfied with my mom financial & personal circumstances.
What can I do next?[

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK visit visa for my mom refused

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:56 pm

Useful to post the exact refusal wording, taking out names etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zeee2
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

Post by Zeee2 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:56 pm
Useful to post the exact refusal wording, taking out names etc.
How do i attach a file? I’m struggling with that

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:44 pm

Zeee2 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:16 pm
Don't attach a file.

Copy-and-paste or type the text of the refusal into a new message, after you have taken out all personally identifiable information (name, address, rank, etc).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zeee2
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

Post by Zeee2 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:34 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:44 pm
Zeee2 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:16 pm
Don't attach a file.

Copy-and-paste or type the text of the refusal into a new message, after you have taken out all personally identifiable information (name, address, rank, etc).
Thank you so much!

REASONS FOR REFUSAL

You have applied for a visa to visit the UK

In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V. of the Immigration Rules for wtonsw.gov.uk/quangrationemmigration rules appendix visitor tules I have considered:

your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with i

your immigration history

The decision

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) V4.2 of Appendix V

You state you are traveling to the UK for a 24-day visit. You also state you will be traveling without your spouse in assessing your eligibility for entry to the UK, I have considered your personal and financial circumstances as evidenced by your application form and supporting documents

Whist I recognise your sponsor and reason for traveling, I must be satisfed with you orcumstances before considering anything else

You state that you are Self-employed and sam M 1,000,000.00 (€527/80) per annual. While acknowledge the documents submitted the information provided does not demonstrate how you have arrived at your annual salary figure and whether you pay taxes. I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately portrayed your circumstances, nor demonstrated that your orcumstances are such that you will return to your country of residence.

You also state that you spend 50,000.00 (€26.30) every month on thing costs, but this is Inconsistent with what is shown in your supporting documents. It also highlights that your account is subject to greater demands. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you give true reflection of your current socio and economic circumstances, continuing to dampen the credibility of your application on a whole. As a result, I am not satisfied of your intentions in coming to the UK.

Given the above I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted under the visitor route and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraph V4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules Oanda.com-Exchange Rate Et 1,093.07-19.06.2004

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:13 am

This is less of the trade or business and more of the maths nor matching.

Address the raised points in the refusal I e. evidence of strong ties to home country that will encourage her exiting UK after proposed trip.

Zeee2
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

Post by Zeee2 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:03 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:13 am

Address the raised points in the refusal I e. evidence of strong ties to home country that will encourage her exiting UK after proposed trip.

Thank you for your response.

My mom ties to her home country are;
It’s her country all she has known all her life.
She’s still married to my dad
She has a son( who is married with a child)
She my eldest sis( with 4 grandchildren)
She has shop she sells clothes( she owns it) and I sent the local government payment as part of evidence

These are her ties;
However I didn’t include that she has landed properties. But I included everything above
What more do they want from us?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:24 pm

Zeee2 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:03 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:13 am

Thank you for your response.

My mom ties to her home country are;
It’s her country all she has known all her life.
She’s still married to my dad
She has a son( who is married with a child)
She my eldest sis( with 4 grandchildren)
She has shop she sells clothes( she owns it) and I sent the local government payment as part of evidence

These are her ties;
However I didn’t include that she has landed properties. But I included everything above
What more do they want from us?
Personal/family, Socio-economic ties are required.
Besides stating it, provide where possible documentary evidence to back them.

Zeee2
Newly Registered
Norfolk Island

Post by Zeee2 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:22 pm

I sent them pictures of my mom and my dad celebrating birthday.
Picture of mom and grandkids
Picture of her shop

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:30 pm

You still need to address what is stated in the letter.
Zeee2 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:03 am
However I didn’t include that she has landed properties.
You should have included these.

The ties to the country are not only family related, it's a combination of financial and personal factors. Most of the rejections posted here have the same mistake. I somehow can understand why people think that strong ties are family related only, but that's clearly not the case and not the same view that UKVI have.

Money and assets that the applicant has in the home country are key for a successful application. UKVI want to see evidence that they are able to afford the visit and also have economic reasons (money, assets/properties) that might prevent them to stay in the UK.