ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit - changing jobs after a year

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ferrellk
Newly Registered

Work Permit - changing jobs after a year

Post by ferrellk » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:23 pm

From the entemp website:

If this is your first work permit in the State then (apart from in
exceptional circumstances) you are normally expected to stay with your
initial employer for a period of 12 months, but then you may move
employer provided that a new application for a work permit is made for
the same employment sector or to another eligible employment sector.
A Labour Market Needs test does not need to be undertaken.

I am coming to the end of my first year on a permit and have a few questions regarding possible job changes.

1) If I were to change employers after a year, they would have to apply again for a new permit for me, but would NOT have to do a labor market needs test. Is that correct?

2) Would I have to leave the country while a new permit was processed? Or can I remain in the country?

3) Can I legally be working on one permit and also job seek in Ireland? I know for the first permit you are not allowed to seek from within the country. But does this rule hold for people already on permits?

4) If I stay with my current employer (which I plan to do for the foreseeable future) I am also required to return to GNIB after the year to get a new stamp (and pay 100Euro). Does my employer need to provide a letter confirming I am still employed with them, or is my 2 year permit issued to me enough?

thanks in advance.

laralahoud
Newly Registered

Re: Work Permit - changing jobs after a year

Post by laralahoud » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:16 pm

4) If I stay with my current employer (which I plan to do for the foreseeable future) I am also required to return to GNIB after the year to get a new stamp (and pay 100Euro). Does my employer need to provide a letter confirming I am still employed with them, or is my 2 year permit issued to me enough?

thanks in advance.[/quote]

Hi,

I can answer this one.. I got a 2 year workpermit and when my first year was up I just went to the GNIB with my card and asked them to renew it. All I needed was the actualy workpermit, my passport and my nearly expired card. Oh.. and it's €150 now..

ferrellk
Newly Registered

Re: Work Permit - changing jobs after a year

Post by ferrellk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:04 pm

laralahoud wrote: Hi,

I can answer this one.. I got a 2 year workpermit and when my first year was up I just went to the GNIB with my card and asked them to renew it. All I needed was the actualy workpermit, my passport and my nearly expired card. Oh.. and it's €150 now..
Thanks. €150 OUCH!

How they make money, I guess.....