ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence time in uk

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Salina
BANNED

Absence time in uk

Post by Salina » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello Guys,

I got tier-1 visa till 2011.

Due to job losses in uk, i am thinking of working in india for a certain time (about 6 to 12 months).

So due to that continuous absence of time in uk, does it affect my visa or citizenship.

kind regards
salina

republique
BANNED

Re: Absence time in uk

Post by republique » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Salina wrote:Hello Guys,

Due to job losses in uk, i am thinking of working in india for a certain time (about 6 to 12 months).

So due to that continuous absence of time in uk, does it affect my visa or citizenship.

kind regards
salina
This is crazy. There is one to two a day on this subject.
First of all, you have Tier 1 Visa to work in the UK
So then you are supposed to work in the UK, not go somewhere else.
So of course it affects your visa. After 3 months, you are considered to have broken continuity of residence, thus I think you can put 2 and 2 together, I hope, and figure out the implications and potential consequences of leaving for 6 to 12 months.
Before you come back with some other kind of hypothetical,
feel free to be funny and come back every 3 months to keep the visa active but when it comes to ILR or renewal, you will have to show your income and what are you going to show for that time frame you are working elsewhere?
Please answer that questions before you ask any followup questions.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:58 pm

To follow-on from what republique has said, if you are thinking of applying for an extension of your visa or even for ILR down the line, you will need demonstrate continuity of residence. Also, it would be difficult to qualify for an extension of your visa if all your earnings are in another country.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:37 pm

kind regards
salina
Salina, see my earlier post in this regard for further info
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:15 am

push_hsmp wrote:

kind regards
salina
Salina, see my earlier post in this regard for further info
Thanks to all for dropping their valuable comments on the above topic.

The first thing i want to mention is when we apply for indefinite we dont have to show the payslips for the whole 5 years we might have to show only for 3 to 12 months.

So the outcome seems to be:

It not gonna affect ur entry to uk, but it gonna affect ur citizenship.

Affected by either delay in ur citizenship or rejecting ur citizenship for not being in the country for the consecutive five years.

N Also i would be glad if someone can drop the comments who faced the above problem.

Regards
Salina

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:26 am

You are supposed to have spent 5 years in UK before you are ranted an ILR. Although you do not have to show salary slips etc. for the entire 5 year period, HO has complete information on your movements - entry/exits through your immigration records (scanned and recorded at ports of entry/exit).

So any prolonged absence will not only affect your citizenship (which will come later) but the grant of ILR itself.
regards,
push

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:18 pm

push_hsmp wrote:You are supposed to have spent 5 years in UK before you are ranted an ILR. Although you do not have to show salary slips etc. for the entire 5 year period, HO has complete information on your movements - entry/exits through your immigration records (scanned and recorded at ports of entry/exit).

So any prolonged absence will not only affect your citizenship (which will come later) but the grant of ILR itself.
No for work/tier1 permits, you will have to show economic activity for 5 years with the current proof of bank statements so again stop trying to be funny. Go check the form instead of trying to promote bad info for your cause. So answer the questino. what income are you going to show when you are away?

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:01 am

republique wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:You are supposed to have spent 5 years in UK before you are ranted an ILR. Although you do not have to show salary slips etc. for the entire 5 year period, HO has complete information on your movements - entry/exits through your immigration records (scanned and recorded at ports of entry/exit).

No for work/tier1 permits, you will have to show economic activity for 5 years with the current proof of bank statements so again stop trying to be funny. Go check the form instead of trying to promote bad info for your cause. So answer the questino. what income are you going to show when you are away?
Kan't we giv the excuse of market recession or personal problem during the absence time.

If we kan how much is the success rate of getting the ILR.

I think most of them are in the same boat due to job losses.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:48 pm

Salina wrote:
republique wrote:

Kan't we giv the excuse of market recession or personal problem during the absence time.

If we kan how much is the success rate of getting the ILR.

I think most of them are in the same boat due to job losses.
that would defeat the purpose of the visa
when times get tough, you work elsewhere?
then what good are you to the Uk economy?
so of course not, you can't say the economy was bad so I worked elsewhere
you can try anything you want, but I estimate the chances to be zero for successful ILR,

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:53 pm

True
regards,
push

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:29 pm

PM

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:41 pm

If we didnt met the criteria of being in uk physically for the continuous 5 years (missed about 12 to 24 months in 5 years)

options:

1) Ur visa has been extended for another 2 to 3 years n than apply for ILR

2) u failed to fulfill the creteria of tier-1 go bak to ur home country

3) ILR granted bcs ur excuses has been accepted

Ur open and authentic views are welcomed.

Regards
Salina

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:23 am

Plz guys ur comments will b appreciated.

saq123
Newly Registered

Post by saq123 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:44 am

Salina wrote:If we didnt met the criteria of being in uk physically for the continuous 5 years (missed about 12 to 24 months in 5 years)

options:

1) Ur visa has been extended for another 2 to 3 years n than apply for ILR

2) u failed to fulfill the creteria of tier-1 go bak to ur home country

3) ILR granted bcs ur excuses has been accepted

Ur open and authentic views are welcomed.

Regards
Salina
I think u will b under option 1 or option 2.