ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for FLRM within the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blackcat21
Newly Registered
Canada

Application for FLRM within the UK

Post by Blackcat21 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:56 pm

I applied on May 29th 2024 and had my bio on June 3rd. Has anyone applied around the same time and received an approval lately? I’m really panicking as I have a very important trip coming up in August. Thank you!

Theunknownusername
Wales

Re: Application for FLRM within the UK

Post by Theunknownusername » Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:02 pm

We applied 29th May also! Bio was 19th June and sadly still haven't heard anything either :( email said expect a reply by 25th July 2024 so just anxiously waiting for now. You should post in the FLR(M) Timeline thread that is stickied in this sub forum

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:55 am

Blackcat21 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:56 pm
I applied on May 29th 2024 and had my bio on June 3rd. Has anyone applied around the same time and received an approval lately? I’m really panicking as I have a very important trip coming up in August. Thank you!
Standard application or priority? It can ordinarily take up to 6months for decision.
Check timelune threads.

Blackcat21
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Blackcat21 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:44 am

Standard. I was told it would only take 8 weeks.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:08 am

Blackcat21 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:44 am
Standard. I was told it would only take 8 weeks.
That's not a guaranteed timeline - UKVI will try to make a decision within 8 weeks, but they can (and routinely do) take longer.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Blackcat21
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Blackcat21 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:15 pm

I know…I’m actually flying to Toronto to get married in August so I really hope I get my visa in time otherwise I’m going to have to scrap this visa application and apply from out of the country after I get married. I’m currently on an unmarried partner visa but we will be getting married so if the visa doesn’t come in time it will be a huge waste of money.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:27 pm

Blackcat21 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:15 pm
I know…I’m actually flying to Toronto to get married in August so I really hope I get my visa in time otherwise I’m going to have to scrap this visa application and apply from out of the country after I get married. I’m currently on an unmarried partner visa but we will be getting married so if the visa doesn’t come in time it will be a huge waste of money.
Unless I've misunderstood your intention, please be aware that you will be unable to submit a FLR(M) application from outside if the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:33 pm

Blackcat21 wrote:
If you decide to scarp it and apply from outside. You can't come into the UK until it's approved. If you decide to travel to the UK, you would be accepted as a visitor.
Unless you have extant leave when you come back and decided to re-apply from here.

If I'm not mistaken, your clock would reset. Further leave to remain is in-country never heard of further leave to enter.

Beaten by @Casa
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:34 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:33 pm
Blackcat21 wrote:
If you decide to scrap it and apply from outside. You can't come into the UK until it's approved. If you decide to travel to the UK, you would be accepted as a visitor.
Unless you have extant leave when you come back and decided to re-apply from here.

If I'm not mistaken, your clock would reset. Further leave to remain is in-country never heard of further leave to enter.

Beaten by @Casa
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Blackcat21
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Blackcat21 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:36 pm

I know the clock would reset and I know I’d be applying for the spouse visa not FLRM. I am really hoping that I get my approval in time and I don’t have to apply from outside of the UK. The wedding is already planned and everything so I can’t cancel it while waiting if my FLRM does not come through in time.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:18 pm

They do sometimes decide these applications in 8 weeks or less. Hopefully it comes through in time for you.

However, going for priority on the application, which is not a guaranteed service, appears to be less risk in terms of cost and other factors than applying for a fresh entry clearance visa.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Perhaps it is what you're alluding to by "scrap this visa application", if you travel outside the Common Travel Area before your application is decided, it will be deemed to have been withdrawn.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."