ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor lost access to SMS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Akash0608
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled worker visa work start and end dates

Post by Akash0608 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:52 pm

Hi, I am on a 3 years skilled worker visa which is expiring on 05/08/2024. I requested my company for a 2 years COS starting from 05/08/2024 to renew my visa, but they gave me a 5 years COS starting from 01/07/2024. I don't want to apply for a 5 years visa because I only need 2 more years to be eligible for the ILR. Can I enter work start and end date from 05/08/2024 to 05/08/2026 in the visa application? Would that cause any issue as it doesn't match with the COS dates but are within the COS period?

Please note: My employer is unable to add a sponsor note as they currently do not have access to SMS because the Level1 user has recently left the organisation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skilled worker visa work start and end dates

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:56 pm

A 5 year cos is a 5 year visa. You can't choose a shorter time because it suits you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Akash0608
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled worker visa work start and end dates

Post by Akash0608 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:52 pm

Thank you for your reply. In the application there is an option to provide work start and end dates, so is it not possible to enter dates there such that its for 2 years?

Akash0608
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Sponsor lost access to SMS

Post by Akash0608 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:06 pm

Hi, I am in the process of extending my skilled worker visa, and my employer has assigned me a COS. We need to amend the end date in the COS by adding a sponsor note but my employer has unfortunately lost access to SMS as they had only one Level1 user who has left the Organization last week. They are now trying to get access for a new Level1 user by sending Change of Circumstances form to home office. Do you know how long home office takes to process the request? In the absence of sponsor note, can my employer provide me a letter mentioning the correct end date that I can attach with my application? Thanks