ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is title in first UK passport application flexible?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mat28590
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is title in first UK passport application flexible?

Post by Mat28590 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:59 pm

Thankfully, I finally now have my UK citizenship certificate and am applying for a passport.

The name in my foreign passport is Miss XYZ.

I am married so would like my UK passport to say Mrs XYZ. I understand that the name must match my foreign passport, but does the title have to match?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is title in first UK passport application flexible?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:04 pm

UK Passport don't show a title, unless specifically requested, such as Dr. or Lord, or Mrs. Title is not counted as part of name, HMPO match Given/First name and Surname.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:08 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:10 pm

'Mrs' is not a title that can be requested as Mr, Miss, Ms, Mrs is not included in a British passport as a standard. Only professional type of titles can be included as indicated on the official website.

https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport-in ... ames-title
Titles you can use on your passport
You can include:

professional titles - for example, doctor, judge, minister of religion, professor, QC, or JP if you’re a magistrate
honours or military decorations
Put the details in the ‘other title’ box of your application and send evidence of your title.

Your title will be on the ‘observations’ page of your passport - it will not be part of your name, except if it’s a title of nobility, for example knight, dame or a lord.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.