ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Document Scanning Passport help?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JSJS72
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVCAS Document Scanning Passport help?

Post by JSJS72 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:36 pm

Hello there

During the UKVCAS biometric booking and document scanning online. On the checklist it says to provide expired passport however there are 3 passports. the oldest passport has the ILR stamp. the second passport has all the travel stamps from holidays. and the 3rd passport has no stamps but is the most recent passport that expired a few months ago.

My question is would all pages of all 3 passports need to be scanned in and uploaded?
INCLUDING BLANK PAGES? seems a bit tedious, would have to organise them correctly on the ukvcas if it allows......

OR...|

Do i just scan the face pages of all 3 passport, the ILR stamp page and then the stamped holiday pages on the middle passport?

and would it be ok to use the iIPhone document scanning app and then filter the photo to grayscale/black and white and turn to PDF
thank you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: UKVCAS Document Scanning Passport help?

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:32 pm

JSJS72 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:36 pm
Hello there

During the UKVCAS biometric booking and document scanning online. On the checklist it says to provide expired passport however there are 3 passports. the oldest passport has the ILR stamp. the second passport has all the travel stamps from holidays. and the 3rd passport has no stamps but is the most recent passport that expired a few months ago.

My question is would all pages of all 3 passports need to be scanned in and uploaded?
INCLUDING BLANK PAGES? seems a bit tedious, would have to organise them correctly on the ukvcas if it allows...... Tedious, but better safe than sorry.

OR...|

Do i just scan the face pages of all 3 passport, the ILR stamp page and then the stamped holiday pages on the middle passport?

and would it be ok to use the iIPhone document scanning app and then filter the photo to grayscale/black and white and turn to PDF Yes no issue.
thank you.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuchAdoAboutNothing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UKVCAS Document Scanning Passport help?

Post by MuchAdoAboutNothing » Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:07 am

JSJS72 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:36 pm
Hello there

INCLUDING BLANK PAGES? seems a bit tedious, would have to organise them correctly on the ukvcas if it allows......

OR...|

and would it be ok to use the iIPhone document scanning app and then filter the photo to grayscale/black and white and turn to PDF
thank you.
I ended up scanning all pages of my current passport, better be safe than sorry. They were quite happy with that, doesn't do any harm.