ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport reference put wrong time known

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mat28590
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

First passport reference put wrong time known

Post by Mat28590 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:22 pm

Hi all

My immigration journey is nearly at its conclusion, in part thanks to help from those on this forum. Much appreciated.

I'm applying for my first UK passport. My reference just verified my photo online. But they mistkanley put down they have known me 9 years instead of the correct number 7. I've lived in the UK less than 8 years.

Will this cause a problem? When I send my documents to HO, shall I include a letter explaining that my ref made an error?

Thanks again

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: First passport reference put wrong time known

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:09 am

See how it goes and inform the referee, it is a small mistake and easy to make, if they contact your referee or you there will be a way to rectify, unlikely they would turn down your application on something so minor without communication.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Mat28590
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mat28590 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:38 am

ok thanks.

One option would be to withdraw and reapply, losing the fee. But the passport office isn't able to advise on how long a withdrawal would take. Has anyone got experience with that?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:37 am

Mat28590 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 9:38 am
ok thanks.

One option would be to withdraw and reapply, losing the fee. But the passport office isn't able to advise on how long a withdrawal would take. Has anyone got experience with that?
Neither you nor your referee would be contacted. The requirement is to have known you for 3 years. So knowing you for 7 and mistakenly putting down 9 isn't an issue.

I wouldn't even worry about that.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!