ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

old ILR vignette transfer to eVisa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RAK737
United Kingdom

BRP and e-VISA enquiry

Post by RAK737 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:35 pm

i have a one question if someone could help and i will be very thankful. my uncle has ILR since 2000 nearly 24 years but endorsement is on the passport and he just attached his old passport with valid passport and travel. now they are changing and bringing evisa so whats gonna happen who have sticker for ILR on the passport. if checked they said apply BRP and its takes 6 month free of charge but when i open and trying filling the application they asking for residency proof of 24 years its impossible how to get all these paper work kindly help plz thanks

RAK737
United Kingdom

old ILR vignette transfer to eVisa

Post by RAK737 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:40 pm

hi all
my uncle got ilr 24 years ago and now want to move to evisa but question should we apply for BRP fist and its takes 6 month and by that time brp ending so we are confused what would happend after end of december 2024 and his ILR vignette On the passport still be valid for travel.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: BRP and e-VISA enquiry

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:20 am

RAK737 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:35 pm
i have a one question if someone could help and i will be very thankful. my uncle has ILR since 2000 nearly 24 years but endorsement is on the passport and he just attached his old passport with valid passport and travel. now they are changing and bringing evisa so whats gonna happen who have sticker for ILR on the passport. if checked they said apply BRP and its takes 6 month free of charge but when i open and trying filling the application they asking for residency proof of 24 years its impossible how to get all these paper work kindly help plz thanks
Provide whatever evidence he has. There is no specific requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RAK737
United Kingdom

Post by RAK737 » Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:25 am

zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:20 am
RAK737 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:35 pm
Provide whatever evidence he has. There is no specific requirement
thank you for your reply. have you seen anyone else in this position

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:41 pm

The immigration system is not experience-based or subjective. You either satisfy the rules or not. There is nothing under the rules that requires you to provide such details. These are asked to ensure the person has not been absent from the UK for more than 24 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RAK737
United Kingdom

Re: old ILR vignette transfer to eVisa

Post by RAK737 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:22 pm

thank you for you reply i understand now. my last question they said it takes 6 months to process is it really 6 month or its just standard timing and normally cards comes early

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: old ILR vignette transfer to eVisa

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:09 pm

RAK737 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:22 pm
thank you for you reply i understand now. my last question they said it takes 6 months to process is it really 6 month or its just standard timing and normally cards comes early
It can take from several weeks to 6 months.