ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set O-ILR - delay in reply priority service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aksi85
Newly Registered
India

Set O-ILR - delay in reply priority service

Post by aksi85 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:02 pm

Hi,
i had applied for tier 2 PBS dependant ILR on 2nd july. Had taken priority service 5 days.
Partner is British citizen now ( got his british passport in 2021)

received a email mentioned below----
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK as a dependent joiner.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because we are currently awaiting the outcome of a decision to be made on your sponsor’s application.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible

Dont understand why would they say the application will take more than 8 weeks when i have paid for priority 5 days service. partner already has british citizenship and still they said are waiting on decision on sponser application??

I am not using any public funds or any third party sponser.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set O-ILR - delay in reply priority service

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:43 am

The emails are often generated out of generic templates, so the wrong template may have been used.
I recently saw similar reporting: viewtopic.php?t=348276#p2168291

They probably wanted to tell you that it is not possible to decide on your application in a priority timescale.
Note that priority service has NO guarantees :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice