ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP renewal timeframe

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Neh21
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR BRP renewal timeframe

Post by Neh21 » Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:25 pm

Hello

I was given ILR in 2014 and the BRP was valid for 10 years meaning it’s expired in April 2024. I have applied for a renewal of the card. I’m aware that it may take up to 6 months but I was wondering if anyone who has recently applied has any timeframe as to how long they’ve received theirs please. So far the only emails I’ve received is the confirmation of my application being submitted and the UKCAS email confirming they have submitted my supporting documents and biometrics to UKVI.

My timescale so far:
Application made: 16/5/24
Biometric attended: 4/6/24

It’s been 7 weeks since the initial application. I have contacted HO but they’ve been giving me generic answers. I was planning to travel mid July but don’t want to risk travelling without the new brp. Can someone please share their experiences on how long it took them recently to receive their new renewed brp card please.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR BRP renewal timeframe

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2024 1:42 pm

If you search the forum, there are many topics about this.

It can take up to 6 months.

Also, your new BRP will expire on 31st December 2024 as they are being phased out and a digital system is being rolled out. So you will not have a BRP card that is valid for 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.