ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much bank balance is required for ILR ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

contactnsm
Newly Registered

How much bank balance is required for ILR ?

Post by contactnsm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 pm

I am going for ILR at PEO in mid jan 2009 . I am on HSMP visa and have a Permanant Job. Also got a letter from my employer confirming the same. My Bank balance is less than 1K GBP and i dont have any other savings. Would it be a problem for ILR? Please an any of the forum members advice on this ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: How much bank balance is required for ILR ?

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:57 pm

contactnsm wrote:I am going for ILR at PEO in mid jan 2009 . I am on HSMP visa and have a Permanant Job. Also got a letter from my employer confirming the same. My Bank balance is less than 1K GBP and i dont have any other savings. Would it be a problem for ILR? Please an any of the forum members advice on this ?
Don't forget the fee - the £950 will clear you out!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

contactnsm
Newly Registered

Post by contactnsm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Sorry. I was not clear. I am planning to pay the fees £950 by Credit card. so my Current Account will have balance around 1K GBP only. :lol: kick started the economy this christmas.[/url]

peter786

Post by peter786 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:24 pm

contactnsm please share your experience at PEO with us as I am also going in the end of this month.
thanks

lifeisgood
Newly Registered

Post by lifeisgood » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:45 pm

wht about ppl who r in overdrawn/minus??every month pay is coming n going..

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 pm

lifeisgood wrote:wht about ppl who r in overdrawn/minus??every month pay is coming n going..
It is like the less than 10 poster convention
Where does it say, show me your bank balance for ILR?

lifeisgood
Newly Registered

Post by lifeisgood » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:13 pm

one of the lawyer told us tht account shouldn't b in overdrawn.

And is this OK if v take pay slips instead of bank statments??

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:38 pm

lifeisgood wrote:one of the lawyer told us tht account shouldn't b in overdrawn.

And is this OK if v take pay slips instead of bank statments??
It is called corroborating evidence. Just payslips or just bank statements is not going to cut it
It shouldn't be overdrawn because it doesn't look good, he is talking about presentation.
If all things are equal and you are on the borderline of qualifying for ILR being overdrawn just might be the nail in the coffin.
It doesnt mean you won't get it if overdrawn, people do it all the time and they make lots of money but if you are struggling, why would they want to give you ILR if you are that close to needing benefits.

lifeisgood
Newly Registered

Post by lifeisgood » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:20 pm

so wht u say shall v take bankstatments with us or payslips r enough???as bank stments can cause problem..will they accept pay slips only ???

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:12 pm

lifeisgood wrote:so wht u say shall v take bankstatments with us or payslips r enough???as bank stments can cause problem..will they accept pay slips only ???
Did you read my last post?
I say take your common sense with you.
I am not answering anymore of your questions on this thread because it appears like 1-you are not reading the info posted and 2-by abbreviating as if this is a text messages, it gives the impression that you are not serious so good luck to you.

lifeisgood
Newly Registered

Post by lifeisgood » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:22 pm

I didn't mean to offend anyone here.
And yes i read your previous post thanks for that.
Whatever you said we knew it.That is the only reason we are scared what your previous post says.
And i would also appreciate those members replies who have experienced this situation Accounts in overdrawn and got ILR.
thanks for reading my query.